Water sensor is wet but valve doesn't close

Hopefully my last help request...
Last piece of the puzzle after turning SmartThings off is to get my leak sensors to automatically close my main valve...
I have a basic rule that states that if any leak sensor is wet the valve must be closed. Looking at logs, the automation seems to work, but the valve doesn't close. I can close the valve from the dashboard so it's connected just fine.

Any ideas?

Logs:
[app:66]2021-07-17 20:53:02.671 [info]act: Close valve Main Water Shut Off
2021-07-17 20:53:02.664 [info]evt: Washing Machine Leak Sensor water wet

Hopefully that was a test you were running for it and not an actual leak...

1 Like

Try doing it in HSM and see if that works.

2 Likes

That's really interesting. A simple rule doesn't work, but HSM does...?

1 Like

Hmm.. Maybe @bravenel has some insight

Interestingly, my garden watering automation, also involving a valve, does not work either.

What exactly failed? The rule ran the action to close the valve, according to your logs. If the valve did not close, odds are it's something about the valve device. Does it open/close from its device page?

Which version of Rule is this?

I can close both valves manually from the device pages, but the basic rules don't seem to work.
Basic Rules 1.0?

Valve doesn't work with Basic rule. I posted a few weeks back below but never got a chance to look deeper since it's summer and I don't have access to my hub most of the time.

1 Like

Looks like the implementation of open/close valve never was completed, only the UI portion was actually done. I will get that fixed and into the next hotfix release.

7 Likes

Looks like the latest release fixed it. Thanks!

5 Likes

In the end though wouldn't it have been better to do in HSM than basic rules? (Glad BR is workring for you now)