Water moisture sensor Zwave or Zigbee?

Anyone know of a water moisture sensor (either ZWave or Zigbee) that can be used in houseplants to keep help track waterering?

Depends on how tied you are to "Z" networks. EcoWitt, which have a range of weather related sensors also have a soil moisture sensor. Their weather sensors all report back to a "gateway" of some kind (either a small USB device or display panel) which can send regular updates to a HE driver I now maintain. The sensors communicate to the gateway via RF, with the gateway communicating with HE via either Wi-Fi or LAN communication.

So, long story... well still long... ;-), you can get various sensors and a gateway to send moisture readings locally to HE. Plus if you want, you can join the rabbit-hole like others have recently, that is EcoWitt and local weather sensors. I feel like Laurence Fishburne.... :slight_smile: Will you take the EcoWitt pill? :wink:

1 Like

I’ve been using the Spruce Soil Moisture Sensor

This looks promising as it's Zigbee and seems to have a Hubitat driver to connect directly (without Spruce hub). Unfortunatly their only link is an Amazon link and says "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock." ... which is not a good sign.

1 Like

This also looks good. Another hub kind of sucks, but it seems to be quite the system. The moisture sensors are small, but at $67CAD... it's a bit pricy if I want to get multiples. Worth it though if they're well made.

It’s shows as available in the US Amazon store (Amazon.com)