Was I too hard on this fellow?

Looks like the OP deleted the start of the thread anyway.

I went back to redddit a few months ago. Only lasted a couple months. within days i was getting to be just as irritated as I am with most other social media. I've gotten to the point that I have dropped all but LinkedIn, and even that is only a presence. I only actually log in maybe once or twice a year at most.

Truth is way to much credence is being given to Social media in society. i was denied adopting a kitten recently because I was honest in answering the question on their adoption application "Please provide your social media user username or handle".. My reply was simple. I don't use social media, but my wife does, I can provide her info if requested (we do a lot of work in Animal rescue, some one has to).

Facebook, Twitter, Reddit accounts, all deleted, and not missed.

3 Likes

LinkedIn was the first one I left! I kept getting notifications that people I'd never heard of had verified that I had this or that skill I've never had, and could I verify that they have this or that skill I had no idea if they have. I realised then the whole thing was a bit of a farce. As I didn't want to get job offers based on stuff I can't do, there was no point hanging about.

1 Like

Yeah, I actually need to do that. I turned al the notifications off, I was getting all kinds of requests from China, Pakistan, Russia, is just started ignoring it. Now that you got me thinking about it, I may go ahead and delete it when I get home