Wanted - Beta Testers for new iOS Dashboard & Control App

Got it this morning.

I'm not sure why it did not allow you to get it last night.

Is the load any faster?

Steve

It is much faster.

I don’t know why but it never finishes loading the last 3 devices.

It also still shows both HomeKit and hubitat

Weird.

You definitely making progress.

Tell me more about the three devices that don't finish?

Do they have anything in common?

Temperature.

Is there value in changing the color based on a generic temperature.

If so, what would be a good range?
My current code has anything less than 14.0 as blue, greater than 17.0 as red and everything else green.

I think it's using the logic which should be applied to Temp F.

Steve

Also, can you send a screen shot of the device details with parameters for one of our devices with temperature.

I added some logic to detect if a user uses the Metric System. Let's see what that does.

Steve

Hello All,
I just released a new beta version. I'm still looking for additional Beta Tester. Send me a PM to join.

Version 2020.1.14 - Released Jan 20

• Faster Initial Load Time for Hubitat
  • Device Order saved to your Private Database
  • Remove Duplicate Devices from the Database
    • Still working to Link a Hubitat Device to a HomeKit Device
  • Logic added to detect users Temperature Measurement System (C vs F)
  • Hubitat users with a Lockset should be able to see the LockState
    • Ability to Unlock vs Lock coming...
  • Initial release to support iPad. (Let me know if you test on iPad)
  • Lots of internal refactoring and code cleanup

Thanks for participating.
Feel free to post comments and suggestions here or via PM.

Steve

Here you go. Hope this helps.

1 Like

See my notes below.

Tell me more about the three devices that don't finish?

I am not sure which ones they are. I have been having some issues with the garage door sensors. I had one for each door. They just stopped working in HE. Thus I removed them from HE. I am installing 2 garage door openers this weekend if all goes well. They were monoprice z-wave garage door sensors

I noticed they were automatically added back when default groups were added even though I have removed them from HE.

Do they have anything in common?

I think the same devices.

Temperature.

I don’t think they told the temp.

Is there value in changing the color based on a generic temperature.

Yes

If so, what would be a good range?
My current code has anything less than 14.0 as blue, greater than 17.0 as red and everything else green.

I like this idea and think your in track.

I think it's using the logic which should be applied to Temp F.

strong text
One thing I did notice is my HK motion sensors are not connecting in your app but my HE ones are. Weird.

HK Phillips Hue

HE Aeotec Gen 6

See how they look different.

Seems like HK are not getting all the data.

I like how you have set up automatic default Starter groups. Very slick.

Here are some shots.

HK

HE

I must have something wrong for the temps are all over the place.

These temps seem to work.

This one in in network box which shares outside wall of garage. Local temp is 21° outside.

This one shows inside temp

I do use on the iPad too.

Here is a pic from my device

I notice that they are not syncing between one another. Meaning I am setting up my iPhone to look a certain way and the iPad doesn’t mirror those settings.

Screenshots as of 20200120

Eric,
A few issues noted in this post.

I think the issue with HS not finishing the initial load is related to devices that were removed and possibly added back. I am probably not tracking on a new device number or perhaps the capabilities of the different device. I will do some adding and removing of my own devices to find a reconsiliation solution.

I added code to interpret temperature. I think a few devices don't specify degrees F or degrees C. Let me look more into those.

I want to add logic to let each user set their own parameters for color of the indicator and ranges, but I need to get some other basic functionality more stable.

You stated that it seems like HK is not getting all of the data. Let me look at the data sent to my HK devices.

Thanks for the feedback!
Steve

I'm not sure what solution to explore for Sync. A few weeks ago I had iCloud Sync working between devices of mine, but then wanted my iPad to look different. I think I will have to find a method to give the use the chance to Sync or not Sync. Another issue caused by Sync is that my layout is different than my wife's layout. I keep changing mine and she wants it to be set and not change. I will add it to my every growing list.

Who has an opinion???

Steve

Hello all,
It's been a few weeks. Lots of "life" stuff happening that has slowed the update cycle.

I just posted a new release.

Feb 10 - 2020.2.1

Added Functionality:

• Door Lock
  • Door Unlock (with slide to unlock) to reduce accidental activation
  • Volume Up / Down / Mute
  • Play / Pause
  • On initial load, focus on devices that are assigned to a group

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed Cancel & Save button Actions in Set Alias View

• Fixed issue with Index Out Of Bounds in GetHubitat

• On initial Load read devices that are assigned to a group first, then others.

• Fixed format issue with temp Celsius

• Found a bug which caused an index out of bounds and learned that I had used the same logic in multiple locations. It took a bit to evaluate each instance for a better solution.

Door Lock and Unlock functionality I only have one door lock and it's connected via HomeKit. I'm looking forward to feedback from others on how this works on Hubitat door locks.

Volume Up / Down and Mute I have only one device to test. Please let me know your experience with these types of devices.

Play / Pause I don't have any devices with play / pause functionality. I can see the commands come into a virtual device. Any testing of a device with play / pause functionality would be appreciated.

Lastly, I'm still open to beta testers. Send me a PM with the email address you use on your iPhone / iPad and I will add you to the list.

Thanks for testing!
Steve

2 Likes

looks very nice, if you do an Android app, or web app , I would love to test it out.