Wanted - Beta Testers for new iOS Dashboard & Control App

A new minor release has been submitted and available for testing.

View Hubitat Settings

• Added Scrolling so that Cloud Token Id is visible
  • Changed Save Logic to reduce need for Save Button

Device Refresh Priority

• Reduced the cycles needed between reads for the following priorities:
    • Pri 7 from 64 to 20
    • Pri 6 from 32 to 16
    • Pri 5 from 16 to 12

Settings View

• Added View to show the symbols used for various attributes
  • Reduced the hard coded strings for attributes

General

• Refactor ReadOneDevice Logic
  • Consolidate Logging
  • Fixed a problem icon in DarkMode

Please test and post your observations.
Please describe one item to be enhanced.

Thanks
Steve

I was only testing this so only shared 13 devices from the hub

it was showing between 10 and 14 sec cycle time in the header. I haven't yet played around with overriding the cycle time.. but I'm not sure that that is something the user should have to do unless absolutely necessary in very specific circumstance.. for this to be a user friendly app, it needs to simply work without the user having to set this up for each device.

Anyway - I think it's a great start.. and I'll keep trying it out every now and again and see how it progresses - so best of luck

1 Like

Adam,
You are correct on many fronts. 10 to 14 seconds is way too long. For 13 devices your cycle time in the header should be about 1 second. Let me think about debug options.

Additionally, you are also correct about typical users should not have to tweak the settings. I know many people in this community have LOTS of devices and like to fine tune their setups. But in general, most users should not have to modify priority or refresh interval.

Thanks for testing
Steve

Hello All,
Looking at logs this morning, I can see that someone was experiencing cycle times of 15 to 20 seconds. That's unusually high. The time was between 5 and 8 am CDT. If you send me a PM, I will assist with troubleshooting.

Anyone else with questions or troubles, please post here or send me a PM.

Steve

Group,
Thanks for the testing. I took down the original link from the first post. I'm still in need of beta testers, but would prefer to assign them individually.

Please send me a PM and I will send you an invite.

Thanks for your participation.
Steve

A post was split to a new topic: How to send a Private Message

Hello all,
A new release of HomeStat is available for testing.
I submitted v. 2020.01.07 to TestFlight earlier today.

Change Log

• Fixed bug related to adding groups

• Schlage Door Lock should be recognized for HomeKit, may also work for other Locks and Hubitat.

• Windows contact sensors work like Door Sensors

• Fixed MixedType Groups to show more icons

• Compressed space between icons

• Added percent humidity for group type humidity

Please evaluate and let me know what you like and don't like. When you get something nice, please post it in the Hubitat Community.

If something is not working right, you can post a screenshot in TestFlight, in this thread or send me a PM.

Thanks for testing
Steve

Steve has a great app here. I have started using his app and am happy thus far.

Here are some things I see.

HomeKit & Hubitat devices need to be linked. This would prevent the duplication of devices. Can’t delete them from one or the other systems for them we can’t use those apps.

Linking them would fix this. However this might be hard.

As recommended I could change the names but this is just a bandaid.

Attached is an example of the issue.

Notice the recycle times. I don’t know if this is because of HomeStat app of just how much faster HomeKit is over Hubitat.

I could just delete them from one or the others system. HomeKit or hubitat however I can’t see or control them there if I do that.

I have a ton of rules in hubitat that make my house work. This is why linking them is the best option. I have 283 devices in Home stat. But only 1/2 that in each system. Hubitat will allow much more types of devices that HomeKit.

Erik,
Thanks for the reply. I realize I have quite a bit of work before this is ready for a general release, and need this feedback to identify "opportunities for improvement."

I'm working on a solution, but not sure what direction the app will take to solve this problem.

HomeKit and Hubitat are quite different. My iPhone seems to always know the status of its HomeKit devices. I don't have to query a hub. For Hubitat I query the hub and wait for a reply. I have 48 devices that are allowed to communicate via the API. It typically reads these in ~5.2 seconds. HomeKit reads are instant, no hub to query. I'm trying to balance the frequency of read requests to Hubitat with hub responsiveness. I don't want to degrade the performance of Hubitat.

Additionally, HK pushes changes to me when the device status changes. I know that the new API has this functionality, but I've not explored that path yet.

Thanks for the info. Keep the feedback coming

Steve

Hey all,
One of our beta testers found an issue with devices in a group. As you know you can reorder them. But it turns out that the data is not saved to your database. Additionally, in some cases devices are duplicated within the group.

I'm working on a resolution and expect to issue a new release later this week.

Thanks for testing.
Steve

Steve hope your week has been good. Are you making any progress with your wishlist of tasks for your app? If your like me work and family keeps you from making any headway thru the week. Hope your successful and oh by the way everytime I use your app it is working as you would expect and I am happy with it. I love it when out of the house too for it allows me to quickly press a button to turn on of odd a scene.

Keep up the good work.

Eric,
Thanks for the encouraging words.

I am making progress. My goal was to submit a new build to Apple on Thursday evening and release it on Friday afternoon / evening.

But... I've got stuck in a few rabbit holes this week. I've made a few improvements, but still working to get device reordering to work as desired. I will let you all know when I sent it to Apple.

Thanks
Steve

2 Likes

What happened?

Got it this morning.

I'm not sure why it did not allow you to get it last night.

Is the load any faster?

Steve

It is much faster.

I don’t know why but it never finishes loading the last 3 devices.

It also still shows both HomeKit and hubitat

Weird.

You definitely making progress.

Tell me more about the three devices that don't finish?

Do they have anything in common?

Temperature.

Is there value in changing the color based on a generic temperature.

If so, what would be a good range?
My current code has anything less than 14.0 as blue, greater than 17.0 as red and everything else green.

I think it's using the logic which should be applied to Temp F.

Steve

Also, can you send a screen shot of the device details with parameters for one of our devices with temperature.

I added some logic to detect if a user uses the Metric System. Let's see what that does.

Steve

Hello All,
I just released a new beta version. I'm still looking for additional Beta Tester. Send me a PM to join.

Version 2020.1.14 - Released Jan 20

• Faster Initial Load Time for Hubitat
  • Device Order saved to your Private Database
  • Remove Duplicate Devices from the Database
    • Still working to Link a Hubitat Device to a HomeKit Device
  • Logic added to detect users Temperature Measurement System (C vs F)
  • Hubitat users with a Lockset should be able to see the LockState
    • Ability to Unlock vs Lock coming...
  • Initial release to support iPad. (Let me know if you test on iPad)
  • Lots of internal refactoring and code cleanup

Thanks for participating.
Feel free to post comments and suggestions here or via PM.

Steve