Wan access to dashboards

Restart your hub, possibly your router/networking also.

Works fine here

1 Like

Same issue here, debug logs from my phone where dashboards never load. My network is solid, as my other devices work fine with the dashboard

I would look at the dns your hubitat is.using ... it looks wrong or is unreachable at times.

I did just change the DNS settings in the C7 to use all 4 DNS's as listed. Previously I only had 2 of them.
Now the speed test actually works AND my hub error cannot connect to the cloud has gone away. However the ping to Cloud.hubitat.com still comes back ping failed. And the Hubitat on my Android does not show dashboards.

Did you reboot . Dns failures are cached just like successes.

1 Like

I Rebooted everything

Show us a screenshot of the ping to an external DNS. You could also try something like www.google.com if you want. It would be good to know if it resolves and fails to ping, or fails to resolve, or resolves to an incorrect IP.

What type of router do you have? Do you have any sort of DNS blocking or redirection? My router has a feature which will redirect any external DNS queries to its own DNS server so that devices cannot bypass its security / blocking.

1 Like

@buckchucko - strongly recommend you do both. An inability to ping an external IP address reveals a lack of network connectivity. An inability to ping a CNAME indicates a lack of access to functioning DNS servers.

So here is screenshots to take note. My network is working (CMD screenshot). C& is not (test screenshot)

Usually it should give more info than that about the failure. Almost looks like the actual ping executable failed in some way. What if you just try to ping an IP from the hub like 1.1.1.1?

You could also try doing a trace route to a domain or an IP and see if it can resolve stuff.

Have you recently done a reboot with the database rebuild option select? Might want to try that, something odd is going on.

Ping host and traceroute results here

Just weird to me.

What is the 192. address you have blocked out in the ping? Is that your router/gateway? Looks like it is intercepting the ping request. Something is very screwy on your network. What sort of equipment do you have?

1 Like

You don't need to block out internal ip address'. It helps us figure out what's going on

Just a habit blocking ip's. But here it is again along with a Network ping test directly from my router's toolbox.

You have not answered my questions

• What is the 192. address you have blocked out in the ping? Is that your router/gateway?
  • What sort of equipment do you have?

Is there a reason why you are not using DHCP to assign an IP address and DNS server for your hub to use?

The 192 is my router. Asus RT-AC87u router. Typical setup, all devices are hardwired on my network (RG6) to switches via a central server room.

The reason is I just changed it as per another suggestion from a poster here. As a rule, I assign DHCP and use my router's DHCP server for assignment. My C7 has only been static about 1 week.

Makes no sense that when you ping 8.8.4.4 that the router responded. There might be a setting to block or intercept ping. I have been using ASUS for many years but not sure what setting it might be.

I would go back to DHCP.

DNS is working, it is resolving some things. But seems like certain things are being blocked.

You could either post a bunch of your settings pages from the router so we can check them, or factory reset the router. There has got to be something on the network causing these issues.

3 Likes

I just checked my C7 again. I shows that indeed it is using DHCP and NOT static.
Also WiFi not detected. Again, my hub is hardwired. However should I install the WiFi drivers and activate WiFi on my hub anyway? (I never bothered with any of that before.)