Wally sensors

My farm, business and lake cabin depend on 6 Wallyhome hubs and numerous devices including two water shutoffs. So any information about compatibility with Habitat would sure be welcome

Sounds like Mike's recommendation boiled down to... have you tried pairing it? Does it work? I see people asking, but I don't see anyone saying they tried.

3 Likes

I was able to mostly set one up for ST (haven't moved to Hubitat yet... one of these years)

I'd imagine it's pretty easy to convert to Hubitat as it's similar

Unfortunately I couldn't get the water sensor (the most important part) to work 100%; it works sometimes, but doesn't always detect

If anyone can figure out what I'm missing, I can backport to ST

(on github: marcosb/SmartThings/blob/master/wally.groovy - I'm unable to post links as a new user)

I'm in the same situation and trying to get my existing Wally water sensors to work with Hubitat. I'm able to pair the devices to Hubitat but then I can't get any communication between the two to work. The device shows an empty "current state" and I see no event history for the device. I have the device type set to "Generic Zigbee Moisture Sensor". Anyone successfully get these Wally sensors connected that can help me out? Complete hubitat newbie here.

If someone wants to loan/give me one of these, ill take a shot at it.

1 Like

I found a SmartThings device driver here: SmartThings/wally.groovy at master · marcosb/SmartThings · GitHub

I followed the app and driver porting advice here: App and driver porting to Hubitat - Wiki - Hubitat

But, I'm now getting this error. Does anyone have ideas?

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.hubitat.zigbee.Zigbee.isZoneType19()

I've got a few extra of these lying around. Want to DM me your address and I could ship one?

just got it working, it's going to require a minor update to some of the zigbee hub code for the water sensor bits, so it's not going to make 2.2.6 unfortunately...

That's awesome Mike! Glad to know it wasn't user error on my part. I had been feeling quite dumb for not being able to figure it out. Is it safe to assume that it would be included in 2.2.7? Is the timeline on that around April/May (trying to infer based off of previous release notes)?

Nice! Thanks @mike.maxwell! I actually just got a hubitat & was going to start working on getting these over, so glad to hear the work is already done :sweat_smile:

Excited for 2.2.7 if that's where these will be included

1 Like

Just wanted to update to anyone else that comes along. I was able to get my Wally sensors working on 2.2.7. Easiest path was to just remove them and re-add. It automatically set it to the right type and was off to the races. Thanks a bunch @mike.maxwell!

1 Like

The Wally multisensor or the water sensor?

Mine automatically set up to be the "wally multisensor".

Sorry, I’m still needing clarification. Do you have the water sensor or the multisensor?

Apparently I was looking at the older V1, while you are talking about V2. Any idea if the V1 is Zigbee?

https://amazon.com/SNUPI-Technologies-FLR01-Wally-Sensor/dp/B00HBKWAD2

Disregard about V1.

This is awesome!! I had several of these sitting around unused and now got them going again on Hubitat with water detection functionality in the new driver. It's a shame the Wally platform shut down as I feel their Zigbee products are still the best, and so glad they now work with Hubitat.

Something to be aware of, when pressing the button on the MultiSensor this causes it to send the temperature/humidity values every second back to the hub, until you pull the batteries out. This happened with the Generic driver too and I think its an issue with the sensor, not Hubitat. When the Wally platform still worked it would just pop up a notification in the app telling you that the button had been pressed. I guess the sensor is looking for a particular response back from the Wally hub.

The Wally Shutoff Valve can work with the Sinope Water Valve driver.

Thanks for that gcooka! I didn't know this was unexpected behavior. I thought it odd that a feature was constantly knowing the temperature of my basement was.

Hi All, really glad to see that there seem to be solutions for WallyHome. I am totally new to this and I don’t even know what is the habitat platform, that said I can learn. Can one of you help me with what hardware do I need, etc, all you help is greatly appreciated Thank you