Wall Mounted Tablet Advice

Lutron Hybrid Keypads, only available in RA2 :frowning: so save your pennies. but worth it IMO. Comes with 1 engraving coupon per keypad, the stickers are just till we are REALLY sure what we want it say

Damn.

My house is outfitted with Caseta.

I’ve been on the fence of grabbing a main repeater for motion sensors. I want those 10 year battery life.

However, damn expensive to justify for motion sensors only. Possibly wall switches.

Motion sensors are NOT worth it, Do NOT buy it for that. I sent mine back. Aeotech mulisenor 6 is better IMO.

#1 Reliability, Pico and Hybrid switches a close #2-3 made it worth it me. Love the night light Pico for guest room night stand. People love them

Miracle for what to work? We are talking about powering a tablet.... or I thought that was the discussion because that's what this thread is about.

Getting a main repeater only for occupancy sensors is pointless when your house is Caseta.

Gosh, if only that were true. But if you do think it is true, I have a $25,000 SmartThings hub for sale.

1 Like

LOL - yeah well I never thought of ST as quality or anything more than just cheap. cheap in price and cheap in quality and function.

General rule of thumb though is the Sony TV that costs more is going to be better than the TCL even though the TCL has Roku builtin which is why it will sell more because it's "Smart" and consumers are "Dumb" and cheap.

1 Like

Back to the original topic I used a tablet case with a foldable front (came with the Samsung tablet). Cut of the foldable bit, drilled two wholes in it and screwed it to the junction box. Pressed tablet back in it and done. And it looks pretty sleek IMHO.
https://community.hubitat.com/uploads/default/original/3X/2/4/244f84ce035fb4e84f178c85382b409a824df147.jpeg

I used a nail which was really inexpensive, but I'm not sure that was a good choice. It doesn't seem to light up any more. :wink:

1 Like

I know you got a replies so i might be repeating myself here.

this is what I did.

Above the wall switch, I just put a resessed 1 gang power outlet with USB in it. I took a wire, spliced it into the Nutural in the box, took the Hot side from one of the switches and ran those two into the power outlet.

found an awesome 10" frame from a Etsy vendor that had one for my Fire 10" tablet, where he made a great power adapter that ran right into the box.

I could have screwed the tablet frame into the wall, but I decided to these pulltab removable velco to keep it attached to the wall.. pretty simple.

1 Like

2 Likes

I'm in the same boat. I think i am going to go with a 7" amazon fire tablet for $65 (no amazon ads) and a wall mount from etsy for $30. It'll get the job done without breaking the bank.

I'd reconsider the 7" unless you already know that your dashboard will look uncluttered in that amount of space. My dashboards are 8" Fire refurbs from Woot which can be had in the $25-$30 range from time to time.

If you use Fully and follow the instructions (which, by the way, do NOT involve rooting), then your dashboard shows 24x7 but only when you are standing in front of it, and you will never see any ads. [For the sake of full disclosure, one of my dashboards has recently started locking the screen overnight and I have to swipe up, even though its settings are as I intend. On that lock screen, there is an ad.]

2 Likes

I didn't even think of refurbs! Will definitely go that route and will check out fully as well. Thanks for the suggestions!