Wall Mountable POE Tablet for Dashboards?

Those are great ideas everyone!!!

@denise.grider - I use velcro for closet motion detectors etc. Works really well for that purpose. I want something a little more permanent for this wall though.

@garyroiland123 - I like that you can hide the wiring and the price doesn't seem bad either. It does appear to stick out a little more than I'd like. The wall in question is literally in the middle of a hallway kind of splitting it in half for a short bit (it's a support wall sadly so can't remove it) protrusions are more noticeable.

I think I'm going to try mounting the case directly to the wall. Will post pics of the damage if I can (and maybe my wife's divorce filing)... :rofl:

I bought a recessed wall plate and an outlet with USB's in it to power my tablets. I got this wall mount. It's not as pretty as some of the invisible ones, but it does the job and looks pretty good. I also bought a 90 degree USB cable so that is less noticeable.

1 Like

So, I recognize that I'm coming way back to an old point in an old thread, but:

Some of those Alibaba tablets are pretty interesting. Sure, very basic Android, and typically a far from new rev of the OS, but not only are they VESA wall mountable, they're PoE/usb/DC powered right on the back in a recessed area, and even have interesting LED status lighting on the sides.

Example: Alibaba Meeting Room Tablet with LED Status Lights

Coming from wall mounted LCD screens on another home automation system, the lack of LED status lights on wall mounted tablets is a bit of a let down for my application. Cobbling together a wall mounted Amazon Fire + some other status light (was looking at Inovelli's new switches) system to duplicate functionality was going to be alright at best.

I'm just thinking out loud here, but I may pick one of these up to play with and see how well I can integrate it. I have emails into the vendor on how the LED lighting is actioned, and will report back if I make much progress.

1 Like

I like the idea of the lights, but that is way too thick to be of interest to me. It would stick out 3"+ from the wall, unless recessed, by the time you vesa mounted it.

If you go to etsy, there is an Amazon fire tablet mount that has the ability to come with a POE adapter. Its the best option I have found so far. I looked into sourcing the ones from Alibaba but most of them are trash.

Yes, that's ultimately what I did as well. I haven't received it yet, but at least from reviews and the look of the pictures, it seems this Etsy MakesByMikeStore guy has it figured out.

Appreciate the tip, thanks.