Wait trigger failing in Rule Machine - shows negative in logs

Hi,

I have a very simple rule to turn off a virtual switch that indicates when we are sleeping. It's been failing some days for the past few weeks. I have recreated the rule, deleting the old one and creating a new one from scratch, but the problem still happens from time to time.

As you can see in the screenshot, for some reason the wait trigger shows negative in the logs. You can see that it ran twice in the morning, one failed and the other ran fine. I can't figure out what's happening here. Any ideas?

Thanks!

The contact sensor opened at 7:21:40 then closed at 7:21:45 so it was only open for 5 seconds.
The contact sensor opened at 9:02:39 and at 9:12:39 the stays for 10 minutes was satisfied.
This worked correctly, per the logs.

I don't know how to read the -47:0-14:0-21

Yeah, it worked this time because the door was closed and then the second time the wait was showing the 10 minutes correctly.

when the -47:0xxxx happens the wait never ends and the rule just keeps waiting until a new trigger (or the expression is False)

If you look at the App Status (gear icon) page for this rule, what do you see for "Scheduled Jobs" when that trigger timer is pending?

1 Like

Good thing that happened again this morning. There’s nothing scheduled there

I might try removing and re-creating this rule to see if that helps. I don't suppose it's possible that your hub time is drastically off (and periodically comes back in line via NTP), as one alternative, far-fetched explanation?

I'm not sure if it will make a difference but if you're going to recreate this rule, try using the Certain Time sunrise instead of Location Event sunrise.

Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve already recreated this rule multiple times and the problem persists. As far as I’m aware, this is the only one with this issue. I’m going to try to use the Certain Time Sunrise.

Recreated the rule and switched to Certain Time. Still happening :face_with_diagonal_mouth: