Voice Automation

How do I connect my hubitat to voice automation.

I have 25 Z-wave light dimmers added to hubitat.

I have tried to connect it to Google Voice. It times out at oath about 95% of the time. When it does go though it connect 4 devices out of 25 and does not show them.

I have integraded my echo and taught it the hubitat skill. Still no devices show up in my Alexa app either.

I cannot integrade either of these into my hubitat. And the instutions in how to do this are all failing.

In the alexa integration you need to check off what devices you want shared to alexa. For google, set it up from a PC and make sure you're not blocking anything in the browser.

1 Like

Need to make sure you add the Alexa < app to apps
then add all devices you want to control to the alexa app. < see pic )

It's not you, it's us! Sorry for the inconvenience. We are investigating an issue with our oauth server. Will update this thread when the issue is resolved.

6 Likes

@mdm can you try linking Google again? First go to your hub's interface and remove the Google Home Integration app (if one is already installed). Then go to Google Home app and add devices by linking Hubitat service. Let me know if you run into any more problems. Google Home | Hubitat Documentation

I determined the issue to be the z-wave discovery. It is an EVA Logik ZW31S smart dimer switch. The id of this switch is EE00:EE02. I belive it to be a newer version of the switch. In any case, when I looked at the devices they were all added as generic. I manually changed them to ZW31S and then they started to appear in both Google and Amazon. I belive the Z-Wave database needs to be updated.

Greetings mdm. I just want to say, I have Alexa integrated with Hubitat and it works quit nicely. Follow the advice as posted from WarlockWeary. Alexa will "discover" and you then click each one (while in Alexa) a bit tedious depending on how many devices you have but, once Alexa learns them and makes the connection, you should be pleased.
You do have to note what Alexa names or call each device and you must be specific in your commands to her. You can change the name in Alexa to whatever will be more natural, remembering what you ask is what you get. I am very satisfied with the way HE has integrated the Alexa skill. Enjoy the journey.

1 Like

The issue was the discovery of the Z-Wave switches. Hubitat added them as generic Z-Wave devices. It only worked once I changed the device type to dimmer switch. Then Alexa saw the devices that it could control.

I belive this to be becuase the EVA Logik ZW31S has a z-wave type of BB00:BB02.

The ones I have show up as EE00:EE02. I belive it is a newer version of the switch. That ID however was not in the z-wave database. So I had to manually set the device type. Once I did that both Google and Alexa saw the devices.

Tagging @bcopeland - he should be able to update the info in the driver(s) so they get selected properly for this version of the switch. Can you post a screen shot of this section on one of the new switches' Device page?