VLAN switch

I was told when a backup from the hub is created and saved it's cleaned. So if I make a backup, do a soft reset then restore the backup it should be free of any corruption, correct?

You can skip the soft reset part, make a backup and save locally, then immediately restore it. The restore does the soft reset automatically. Just did this on both my hubs last week and it fixed the memory leak on one of them.

1 Like

Thanks, I'll give it a try tomorrow and hopefully it works :crossed_fingers:. Thanks to everyone for the help :+1:

1 Like

Also post your z-wave details page in it's entirety for us to look at...

1 Like

How do I find this device?

What @rlithgow1 said.

1 Like

Its not attached to a "device" in your device list on your hub, or the name would be in that blank box. So it is probably something you force removed from the device list. Probably safe to click that remove button there and get rid of it.

It won't remove

Sometimes if you do a power down and remove power for 10+ seconds then restart it will help it work. You can also watch the logs for the error message if the remove fails. There is an entire post dedicated on this subject: How To: Remove Z-Wave Ghosts using a UZB Stick

Sometimes those "ghost" nodes can cause issues with the Zwave mesh, sometimes they are harmless. Since yours is showing 3 neighbors still it may be causing some routing problems.

2 Likes

I can't remove the device. Shut down hub, unplugged, waited 2 minutes. After reboot it showed discover in the device column. Pressed discover then repair. Refresh and remove came back. Pressed refresh, waited then remove waited, nothing. Device is still showing not removed.

You'll need a z-wave stick to remove it then

Where do I find a UZB stick?

Any USB zwave stick will work. The Zooz ones are easy to get (should be on Amazon also): Zooz USB 700 Series Z-Wave Plus S2 Stick ZST10 700 - The Smartest House

Also Digkey has the Silicon Labs developer ones. I think this is the correct / current one: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/silicon-labs/SLUSB001A/9867108

There's no other way to remove the device, support can't remove it?

No, support can't remove it.

I (and others) have had success trying Remove more than once. If you only tried once above, give it a few more attempts.

2 Likes

Just to elaborate on that a bit, since this topic has become pretty wide ranging at this point.

A feature like this would give the support team a level of control over our hubs that most Hubitat users would categorically reject (and probably the staff too, though I don’t actually speak on their behalf).

3 Likes

I use to use Homeseer. The support staff would log on your hub and Make repairs, if you request.
Never had a problem. They had a link you had to turn on for access, closed when repairs are completed

Sure lots of software platforms have a support model that includes 1:1 sessions with remote access.

Hubitat doesn’t offer that. Anything’s possible for the future but given the local control and privacy-mindedness that are among its core selling points, I think it’s unlikely for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Yup, one of the main reasons I moved to Hubitat, and I'm definitely one of those that don't want any external access to my hub that would allow HE to make changes remotely. It does mean more responsibility on my end, but I greatly prefer that over others having remote access.

1 Like

Not to mention the support costs involved....