Vivint CT-200

This is using the generic zwave thermostat driver?

Yes currently functioning with the generic Z-Wave thermostat driver. Initially it only appeared as device

1 Like

Anyone working on a driver to expose some of the advanced configuration for this 'stat? I just bought mine off of ebay for a cool $19 and I can't wait to set it up. I know I can set ZWave parameters with one of Mike's drivers, but to have it all on one page would be amazing.

What advanced configuration do you want to do?

It's mainly things like switching between economy/fast recovery mode. It would be cool, however, to be able to set things like temperature/humidity reporting thresholds, and integrated fan timers. Just less things to have to touch the panel for that are already exposed and documented in ZWave. I wish I had the knowledge to crank out drivers like some of the members here.

Oh sweet. I didn’t know about those, I just liked how the thermostat looked :sweat_smile:

I’ll dig through the dev material on the CT-200 and look into writing that.

and
https://www.cd-jackson.com/index.php/zwave/zwave-device-database/zwave-device-list/devicesummary/742

This is what I was going by. Seems to have all of the parameters listed.

1 Like

Well. I got my thermostat. $20 on Ebay with a couple scuffs for something that Vivint wants $165 for, so I'm pretty stoked. Paired to Hubitat without a single hitch. Just changed the driver, hit configure, and it pulled everything in. Still figuring out how to do staging for aux heat since it's 18f in Mississippi right now, but otherwise I'd say it was a solid buy for a sexy ZWave thermostat. Only thing missing is a driver with all the configuration parameters. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I know its quarantine time here but any chance you still have you vivnt hub and willing to share? I purchased my ct-200 from ebay "used" but I have a feeling its never been paired to a sky panel and thus will not work with my hubitat. Im willing to send you $ via cashapp/venmo/etc to barrow it

Absolutely! DM me your address :slight_smile:

Maybe its obvious but I cant figure out how to send you a direct message. it will only let me reply to this thread and there is no "send message" link on your profile

i just got a CT200 from ebay, looks never used... and it paired right up to the HUB
and seems to be working as generic zwave thermostat
would love maybe a custom driver to allow some tweaking of its parameters
and it doesnt have built in schedule... so none of that stuff in the generic driver applies
would love to customize a driver

all the zwave commands in this manual

Manual with z-wave commands/parameters

I just now saw this message in this thread. Are you able to control your CT200 from your hub? I got mine connected but but it will not respond to commands from the hubitat. And using the Amazon Alexa / google home skills I can see the device however when I choose to control it and hit update it deselects itself and I cannot send any commands.

I feel like somebody already mentioned in this thread that they were able to do that but could not send commands

If I remember correctly, there was some issue buying CT200 thermostats where if it was/wasn't previously paired to a Vivint controller that it would/wouldn't work on another 3rd party controller (due to anti-theft feature/command class support).

Am I remembering correctly? I have been thinking of picking up a used CT200, but don't want to buy something that won't work.

In any case, if I get one working I'm going to make a full device driver with all features - I'm not a "generic driver" kind of guy for something like this that has a lot of extra info/capabilities.

EDIT 1: I went ahead and ordered two of them off eBay. We'll see how it goes. I need something to do anyway. Driver looks like it would be pretty easy based on the zwave capabilities/manual.

EDIT 2: I went ahead and ordered a controller too. Should be good either way (I think). lol.

Also interesting that there is a V2 model of this thermostat too...

V2 supports SmartStart / S2 security, not sure what else

yes, i am controlling the CT200 from the HUB, using the generic z-wave thermostat
a custom driver would rock, and allow all the settings to be tweaked, but in most cases
those settings dont need much tweaking and done from front panel

mine paired right up with hub, no issues

The pairing / not pairing fully depends on if the anti-theft option is on or off.

If off, it will pair and work. If on, it has to be paired to a Vivint panel and excluded properly.

I'm still a bit of a novice when it comes to operating the hubitat. But is there a way to send the unlock command to the ct200 via the hubitat?

I'm totally fine with using a generic driver I just want to be able to control the device via voice commands from a Google hub or an Amazon hub, and set automation controls via the hubitat.

If you mean the zwave anti-theft unlock - no not that I know of. I'm not an expert in that command class (although I'm reading up), but the whole point of it is that you can't reset the device on another zwave network.