Visonic MCT-340 E Wireless Door Window Temperature Sensor 2.4ghz ZigBee - Compatability

I need more door sensors and I found these on Amazon for 19.99 each. I don't see them on the compatibility list? Thanks for help

They'll work great with Hubitat. I have a couple them using the generic zigbee driver.

1 Like

Thanks!!!!

They are cheaper here

1 Like

I use these on almost every door in the house. They work great with HE. I second the purchase from My Digital Discount. They used to go on sale for $10 often, but not lately.

Just purchased from them. While I'm asking what about sensors any good place / price would you recommend?

I got mine on amazon a while back for 12.99 a piece. They are normally $15 a piece there and you get the 2-day shipping if you want them quicker.

I purchased the Visonic MCT-340 last week to replace an old Z-Wave contact sensor. Paired fast and has been flawless until this morning. Didn't register the door opening. Thought maybe the one that I got had a dead battery so I checked the battery and it had a full 2.9 volts. Put the battery back in the light lit up for a couple of seconds went off open up the door it registered close the door it registered open the door again registered close the door did not register. take the battery back out put the battery back in work three or four times and then quit again.

All my other zigbee devices are working extremely well. why is this one not working the way it should anybody else have any issues like this or know how I can fix this?

Maybe 2.9v is too low for it? I would replace the battery anyway and see if behavior changes. If not, then it is probably a defective device.

Agree... I had an identical scenario with a MCT-340E that ran for a year, showed identical symptoms needed a battery replacement. 2.9V measured with a DVM (effectively open circuit) on a 2032 battery is effectively 'dead' in this application; the voltage may drop drastically under load. Similar thresholds seem to apply to the beefier CR2's used some of my other sensors as well; most of the 'dead' ones I pull still measure around 2.9V.

Roger that. I will pickup a new CR2032 Battery today and test out. It seems to be working again....for now. I will still replace battery.

Picked up a new battery today however I didn't replace it yet because now all the sudden it's working again and has been all afternoon

I have six of these (all installed May, 2018). Aside from one whose battery I replaced last month, all are still on their original cell so I'm satisfied with their battery life. However, I just noticed in checking the event log that each has logged exactly one battery event at 100% on date of install. Oddly that includes the one whose battery I recently replaced-- the device page shows battery at 99% (yet the event log contains a single battery event report of 100% from May of last year).

I'm not seeing the temperature change at all on this sensor. When I installed it it was at 48.2 a few weeks ago and it's today it's at 48.2. I looked at the event log on the device and don't see anywhere in there that is detecting the temperature. Am I missing something?

Which driver are you using and is the contact sensor side working? I find when my Zigbee mesh is weak. The sensor won't update the temperature with this sensor.

I'm using the Generice Zigbee Contact Sensor driver.

All other Zigbee devices are working as should.

i'm 2days new with habitat. how can i get my visonic MCT-340 E included into habitat? this is my first zigbee inclusion, can you give me a step-by-step? thanks

A good resource is on youtube. Hubitat released many tutorials on youtube.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.