Virtual 3-way switch to bring into Apple's Home app?

Just starting out on Habitat so on a steep leaving curve.

I'm looking to create a 3-state virtual switch in Habitat that I can bring into Apple's Home app and assign devices (non habitat compatible) to.

I can see I can create a button with a simple on/off, or a switch which seems to be the same? but I'm looking for a single switch with 3-states that I can select, lets say OFF, ON and 50%. Can this be done? And then can I import this virtual switch into Apple's Home app?

What type of device are you looking to mirror in Apple Home? The closest to what you want would probably be a virtual dimmer or fan controller.

They are EVE door and motion sensors which are not compatible with Habitat, so I wanted to create a virtual 3-way switch that I can bring into the Apple home app to control them as I want, which is a simple 3-state switch ON/OFF/NIGHT rather than 3 separate buttons.

You really have two options. You could use two virtual switches. One switch would match on/off. The other switch could match night when on and be turned off when the Eve goes to off (or some other state). So, Eve off would turn off both virtual switches. Eve ON would match ON for Switch 1 and Eve NIGHT would match ON for Switch 2.

The other option would be using a virtual dimmer. ONs would match as would OFFs. You could have Eve NIGHT set the virtual dimmer to 50% (or some other number) and use that state in Hubitat to run other rules.