Very slow response

This missing route thing is not strictly correct. When you reboot the routes will disappear. If they don't return within a reasonable period of time (based on sleep time for battery powered devices) then it can be a sign of a issue.

The biggest ones to look for are when there is nothing in device, or a discover. Which the OP does have that's what needs to be fixed along with the SOs.

2 Likes

Have you done a reboot between this?

Got it, because I will reboot from time to time in order to make sure that everything has been saved.

From what I can see, this is wrong, I just find it peculiar that after entering stuff in the controller, that it is automatically saved, do people just leave their software active?

Dom

You really shouldn't need to do reboots hardly at all. I only reboot mine during the firmware applies and when i noticed certain strange conditions. Basically look at the zwave page and go trigger each device that doesn't have a route showing. You should see routes show up in that page after that. It happens so quickly on mind i don't generally think about the fact some activity for the device is needed to show the route.

Frequent reboots could also possibly make it hard for your mesh networks to settle in on good routes.

2 Likes

The hub software? Yeah you should never really need to do a reboot. Only time I do is during a firmware update which it does a reboot as part of it. I only do a shutdown and down power after something massive like the z-wave firmware update.

3 Likes

I agree with @mavrrick58 and @BorrisTheCat.

I only reboot after Hubitat hub platform updates.

1 Like

Rebooting often will make things worse. If devices are trying to send the hub messages and it does not respond while rebooting they will franticly start trying to find new routes to the hub until it comes back online. This can cause temporary delays while it sorts itself back out after the hub comes online again. I only reboot for firmware updates.

3 Likes

If you see it after you click done and go back into the rule or what ever you have done and it's still there, it's been saved. Rebooting is largely unneeded. The biggest thing you are facing are ghosts and those need removed for your mesh to work properly. When they're gone the routes will populate properly on your paired devices.

You are right, I have managed to obtain some ROUTES, by triggering the device, great idea.

Now I have the following issues : based on my latest Z-Wave detail page.

I have 4 devices with NO ROUTE
I have 3 devices with the SO security tab
When I try and repair those devices, I get the ( Finished Repair, Failed node # )
I have a couple of failed nodes # 17, #21, # 1E
I would like to exclude some devices that are causing issues, from the Z-Wave Detail page. How do I proceed, do I just go to the devices and exclude as per manufacturers.

Thanks guys, in changing subject, how many of you are developers or employed in the software industry or related.

Dom

Depends on what you mean "or related." I'm generally an infrastructure guy though I did have a couple of software development teams working for me until recently when we decided to do some consolidation. I'm not a coder though.

Hi Brad5,

I asked the question, because I have noticed that some pf the answers I receive show great fluidity, that one could only expect from very knowledgeable individuals, that are related to the tech and / or software industry.

Thanks guys, keep those answers coming in.

Dom

If you have nodes that are failed and no routes click on the refesh button one at a time and then click on the remove button that appears. Sometimes it takes more then a few attempts to get it removed. Hopefully that works to remove the problem devices. If it doesn't then you have to go the route of using a zwave stick to do the removals. Kind of a pain, but i have only had one device i have had to go that route.

I work in it infrastructure as well. I do do some coding though for Home Automation stuff.

Yes, Start an exclusion on the hub and then follow the manufacturers recommend steps to put the device in exclusion mode to exlude it from HE.

Good morning Maverrick58,

Due to all the issue I am presently having with my system, would a Hubitat Facory Reset take care of the ghost or whatever else is lucking in the shadow.

I've perused the Simplicity Studio software, I don't think my level of education can allow me to even contemplate working with this software, lol.
Thanks
Dom

Have you looked at the removal guide? It's step by step. I'm sure one of us could help you

1 Like

Thanks Rick, I think a lot of times, knowing were to look for valuable information, is a key factor in solving issues.
Dom

This step by step guide makes it easy to remove the ghosts as well as to add certain things without security so that S0 isn't enabled.

Thanks Rick,

It can be easy to remove, for you, being very knowledgeable, but for me has a dumb ■■■, it's not the same story.

Unfortunately I only have a ZMEUUZB, dongle from Z-Wave Me, which doesn't seem to be included in the list of compatible items.

On a sarcastic note : Why are devices that are made to simplify ones life through automation, are so difficult to set up, by the average mortal, lol.

Let me ask you, if I were to Exclude and re-Include the devices, do you believe that the ghosts would disappear in the exclusion process?

As long as it can pair to hubitat as a device it will work fine. SImply follow the step by step in the ghost buster doc. It may even look like the stick isn't paired to hubitat but if you look at it in devices under hubitat it will be there. Ignore the status of it in the list. When done, remove it from Hubitat.

No. You could do a full reset of the z-wave radio but this is extreme and I wouldn't recommend it. It's also a pain to re set everything back up. I also recommend to people to read this thread as it helps with some of the gotchas. Are you new to home automation or Hubitat or coming from a different platform such as SmartThings, Vera, or Wink? This may help!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.