Vertical Stand for HE

Blink mounts design work is done... printing samples. So couple more hours...

1 Like

@snell … Awesome … 1000 thank yous. I'm having my ID guys print two of the HE mounts … I'll provide pictures of my setup once everything is done.

Blink hub mounts posted on Thingiverse. I printed the desk mount and it fit my hub without any issues. Keeping the ethernet port unobstructed means the end stops are not as high as I would want but it seems to work just fine.

1 Like

Looks great. Thanks for your efforts!

Just got my 3D print of the stands for the Hubitats … will get the Blink Hub stands Monday. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Got the Blink stands printed and set up everything on the stands. Looks great and cleans up the space (still needs more wire management :blush:). Have a new Netgear GS908E managed switch to eliminate the blinky lights :nerd_face:

Proximity hasn’t created any interference issues. @snell Thanks again for the help!!

C3F286AB-B7C7-4965-9325-2BD4450ED9E0

3 Likes

Check your local library as someone here mentioned that their local US Library has a 3D printing service.
Unfortunately my local library, in Sydney, does not.

Looks like there’s an option to print them though a few different services on Thingverse. Choose the link Order this printed for more info. Not sure of the cost.

Look how tiny those HE’s are. :blush:

Yea, they are very small and light. The weight/ tension of the power and Ethernet cable makes it hard to position. The stands really help. I’ll probably fins some rubber feet to place underneath as the 3D print plastic is pretty slick

1 Like

What about a stand that holds 2 at once? It looks like you have something in the middle there that could also use a stand... but looking at the space, maybe what you need is a little rack that you could slot your Hubitats in horizontally with another 2 slots for the Blink hubs?

No matter what, very nice looking setup and good to see they came in handy.

Thanks. The individual stands work well. The white device in the middle is the Lutron hub. It’s much wider than the HE or Blink and stands up well on edge. Stacking them vertically would be good too, but still would need space in between for thermal and RF

Yes. I was envisioning a "mini" rack mount stand with bays for each device. Maybe something I will play around with over time. I do not NEED it, but it would help clean up a couple of my own areas.

Yea, that would be good. Something that could interlock with each other (regardless of dims of the HE, Blink or Lutron hub) Leaving about 2 inches of clearance between for airflow / RF.

Home-automation Lego.

In bright primary colors, please!

1 Like

Colors can be anything you want to print with. I printed a collapsible basket for one of my girls out of a filament that has a slow rainbow-esque progression to it. So the top of the basket is green, the bottom is red, and in between it is shades of purple.

I think a dull-looking frame with different color "sleds/shelves/adapters" (need to work the concept) to help show what is where could work.

The biggest thing is working out the dimensions. Too big and it defeats the purpose. Too small and it cannot hold a decent variety of stuff.

2 Likes

You know... I was working on this earlier (and I still will probably finish it) but the comment about Lego had me thinking. I was trying to make modular pieces with pegs that could join them so that anyone with a 4" bed printer could make every piece and join them in whatever size needed. When I was making the pegs to join the pieces I realized I already had pegs... Lego pegs. So I started redesigning it to use those pegs.

But then I realized the whole thing could be made in Lego. A Hubitat is ~9.5 bricks square, so a 2x12 would work well for shelves.,, Then just stack them as high as you need.

3 Likes

Yea, but something custom, 3D printed would look sooooo much better! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Printed your wall stand today on my new Sovol SV05 printer...came out great!

Wife picked your design over the others I found available here. I asked her to choose so there would be no "Um, what's that on my office bookcase?!" comments. :wink: So congratulations - you won the beauty contest! :wink:

1 Like

Mine are vertically attached to a laptop cooling stand with 3m command strips. The Stand itself is attached to the wall with the same 3m strips.

1 Like