Variable Connector(s) Errors

I'm not able to unravel your redacted complicated rules. If you want to isolate this to a particular action that causes the error, I can look into it. I presume it's the setting of a connector device, but can't tell from what you've shown. Nor is it clear if this error has any impact beyond being logged.

In a few weeks when work on 2.3.3 is complete and the release is stable, I'll update and see if the errors persist.

That said, there are definitely In-Use-By bugs that may be related and troubleshooting this type of issue would be MUCH easier if the Hibitat error logs indicated exactly which Variable Connector is generating the error.

2.3.3 is stable, and fixes dozens of bugs in 2.3.2. I recommend that you update now.

The problem with this sort of error is that it is unexpected by the code, and so it isn't able to provide the information about what device caused it. Usually, it can be fairly obvious just by looking at what connector device has been set in an app just prior to the error, using the app logs.

I updated to 2.3.3. and the errors in my logs remain.

Should the (wife)TimeHome Variable Connector In Use By list:

be the same as the Hub Variables In Use By:

Similarily:

Hub Variables list doesn't think recentDeparture or recentArrival is In Use (no hyperlink):

But they are:

In Use in Hub Variables tracks the variable, not connectors. If you look at these connectors, do they show the correct In Use By information?

As for the errors in your logs, I am not able to reproduce this issue. Do these rules work correctly? I suspect you might have some sort of corruption, but I don't know what that could be. Could you try creating a simple single action rule that toggles one of these connector switches, clear your logs, and then show a screenshot of the logs after you run the actions (no need for a trigger, just run the actions from the UI).

1 Like

Yes, In Use information for Variable Connectors appears to be correct.

I have not been able to identify which rules are associated with the error but to the best of my knowledge, all my rules are working correctly.

That did it:

Should I delete and recreate the recentDeparture Connector?

1 Like

I don't know why it throws that error. Did the connector actually toggle on/off as you'd expect?

Toggling recentDeparture is causing the error.

The Connector (switch) is toggling as expected.

Are all connectors causing the error, or just this one? You might try removing this one (from it's device page), and creating a new one.

Deleting the recentDeparture Connector Device doesn't appear to have removed it from Hub Variables:

Seems there is something messed up with your Hub Variables connectors. See PM

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.