Vacation Lighting. Anyone have it running?

So what you have means

If mode is away AND time is between sunset to 23:59 randomly turn on 2 switches from the list kitchen light and loft light for a duration of randomly around 180 mins

You also have set turn on for the entire time the same two lights

Given you only have 2 switches in the list, and you ask for 2 on, it won't be very random.... (as well as you ask for the two switches to be on the entire time)

So I think you want the first set of devices to be different than the 2nd set

I also think you want the first set to be more than 2 devices so there is some random behavior.

thanks!
I want it to do only the second part but I can't bypass the top part, the part with the cycles they all have the mandatory *.
let me know if you find a way to run a notification when it runs.

thanks again

Is there a way to pause or stop/start VLD. I want to configure it and then be able to initiate it when I go on vacation. I don’t use presence or HSM.

HE supports pausing an app

HE console -> apps

• there is a check box to disable the application

Not sure if this is what you are asking

Thank you. Totally forgot about that little grey X.

This still working for people? Seems to not work recently for me...

I use this app all the time

What is not working?

My port working here

Just stopped working for me - was ok then just stopped. Will try doing a repair... Though come to think of it, I've been having some 'severe load' issues recently, so that proably impacted it.

You should really look into that. It isn't normal to be seeing that message.

Did you go to Logs tab, move over to Device Stats and App Stats and see if there is anything with abnormal high usage? I usually go to "Show device settings" and Show App settings in those pages, and check all boxes in both those settings areas to provide more information to analyze.

Similarly, are there any errors, warnings, or similar in Logs tab?

Finally, in the Logs tab, go to "Scheduled Jobs" and "Running Jobs" and see if there are apps that have repeated or many listings. My hubs only typically have 2-3 of an entry at most in those jobs.

1 Like

Yes. it was/is 'CoCoHue' causing the issues, I had it polling every 30secs, but I need to do this as my home switches are on ZigBee relays linked into the hue hub and I need it to recognise when these switches have been pressed quickly.

It's marred my Hubitat experience to tbh, I'm surprised how quickly it's been overloaded, my old v2 Smartthings hub never encountered these issues. I love Hubitat but my v7 feels underpowered when integrating 2 hue hubs with circa 50 lights on each.

Yes, I can reduce polling, but it massively impacts my experience.

Smartthings had virtually unlimited computing power on their cloud servers. It is not quite comparable to a tiny single board computer like Hubitat. Even if you double the Hubitat RAM and processing power you still can't compare to cloud based computing.

That being said, you could or should post in the CoCo Hue thread and see if the app creator has suggestions how to minimize impact from this rapid polling. There are also other Hue integrations for Hubitat that may perform differently or might work better in one app vs another.

I know this seems convoluted, but some people dedicate one Hubitat hub just for cloud integrations, and a second Hubitat hub for rules, and other devices. Then you could share the devices from your first hub to the second. I say convoluted because you would be going Hue to the first Hubitat hub then second Hubitat hub. This isn't my first suggestion of things I would personally do, but this model has been effective for some users. Hubitat hubs are on sale this weekend, so maybe something to at least consider...

2 Likes

Why not move the zigbee switches to hubitat

I have hue bulbs in my hub and use the normal hue app and don't need any polling.

My wife likes using the Hue app, so it was much easier for her if I had everything Hue on 2 hubs, then integrated that into Hubitat.

However, the ZigBee dimming and on/off relays do not update immediately when they change from an off position which is really irritating. Yes, it would have been much better if I had integrated them directly into Hubitat, by it that is no longer possible within pulling lights down etc.:disappointed:

So still not working for me. I was wondering if it could be down to some sort of time-zone nuance? I have it set to start at Sunset, and end at 11.46pm. I'm in the UK.

A repair hasn't fixed anything and there are no more load issues on my hub. Frustrating to say the least...

here is my ported version if you want to test

1 Like

Many thanks, will do.

Does this require using Modes? I do not.