Uvindex missing

Another thing that seems to be missing is uvindex. It would be great to have when automating roller shutters. Could this be added to hubitat?

Most people use LUX values for automating roller shutters, as it measures light brightness.

For example my outside Lux sensor right now is reading 3890 as the morning sun is coming up. However my weather station's UV index is reading zero.

I've read of people putting an Aeon MultiSensor facing out a window. That's great for Lux but might not give accurate UV, since glass blocks some (perhaps all) UV.

I have one mounted outdoors, under an eave, and the batteries are driving me crazy since they last so long. My indoor ones don't last half as long.

The UV values are quite small, however. The Default config has the lower limit set at 4 and the upper limit set at 8 of 11. I noticed that the specs for the device skip right over UV :frowning:

Model number: ZW100
Power supply: USB DC 5V or battery power(2×CR123A batteries, 3V, 1500mAh).
Operating temperature: 0 to 40 /32 to 104 .
Measured temperature range: -10 to 50 /14 to 122 . Accuracy: ±1 /±1.8 .
Measured humidity range: 20%RH to 90%RH. Accuracy: ±3%RH (at 25 /77 ).
Lighting: 0 LUX to 30000 LUX.Max motion sensitivity: 5 metres.
Water proofing: IP20.
Operating distance: Up to 492 feet/150 metres outdoors

54%20AM

I love my Weatherflow weather station for lux and UV. Very accurate, and it reports 1x/minute day or night (yes, lux and UV aren't useful readings at night - but the rest are :smile: ).