Using two tile templates on one tile

I would like to set a thermostat tile to display as just current temperature but when pressed open full thermostat controls. Is this possible?

1 Like

could use something like [RELEASE] Tile Master - Display multiple devices that can be Controlled from the tile! to make 2 rows. first row is your temp value, and the second could be a link to another dashboard that has full controls

alternatively, double the height of all tiles, then do a single height for each value you want

1 Like

I think what you want to look at is the iFrame Advanced driver. I have setup a very rudimentary example that loads another HE dashboard, which only includes the thermostat control, which I think may be what you want. I can "pretty it up" in the next few days and show you how it works, if you want.

You could overlay the switch tile that launches the iFrame over the top of a temperature tile, to get the full effect you are after.

1 Like

I decided not to worry about making it more presentable. I still need to play with dimensions and other aesthetics, but hopefully you can see what I mean. The button would need to have your temperature displayed on it as well.

iFrameAdvanced_AC_Control

1 Like

ooo, that's a cool app. i'll have to check it out to "spruce up" my dashboard

1 Like