Using button controller to cycle bulb color

Apologies in advance for what is likely going to be a stupid question and a very obvious way to do it. I've searched the forums for the past while with no luck

I have a few IKEA remote controls with 4 and 5 buttons. When I had them paired up directly to my bulbs pressing the left and right buttons would cycle the color between a few different standard colors.
Since I paired the remotes to hubitat now that I found @dandanache 's drivers (thanks very much for that by the way) I can do a lot of useful things that I couldn't do before, However I'm struggling to get the old functionality of cycling through the various colours.

Any help or hints would be greatly appreaciated

I built some rules in the Button Controller App to handle mine. Just a simple 2- button Ikea Rodret device. Tapping button one toggles the power. Tapping button 2 increments a variable and the value of the variable defines the color of the bulb. Holding either button increases or decreases brightness.

And a similar setup in my son's room. His controller is a Sengled 4-button remote. It doesn't seem to respond well to the "held" function, so I increment the brightness by 10 for each press of the appropriate button.

I've also got one of the newer 7-button Gen 2 Symfonisk remotes but haven't found a use for it yet. Really like the feel of these new Ikea devices.

5 Likes

just back from holidays there. Thanks very much for sharing that. I had in the back of my mind that I'd need to do something like that, but very useful to see it documented this well.

Much appreciated

1 Like