Using an IRIS security key pad to control a device

Im revisiting this after using the IRIS keypad for a few weeks. It works fairly consistently 1st time but other times i need to do the on-code-off sequence a few times. I think whats happening is that most times im starting from an off status and that it takes a few seconds after the on button is pressed to register.
Was thinking that if i set up a rule to set the keypad to "on" after any time it sees a command entered then i'll always be starting from an on condition therefore only need code - off sequence.

Might be a dumb question but how do i set up a rule to set the keypad status to on form a rule?

And on a somewhat related note.
I bought another IRIS keypad off ebay for my 2nd gate but wasn't able to get it to factory reset. Followed the factory instructions and was a few feet away from my hub. No joy. At least the seller refunded me.

About the same time however i bought a hard wired keypad off amazon for about 60 bucks. Seeing as i had it - i wired it for the second gate. Was easy enough to program. Even came with 2 key fobs that i programmed.
if im being honest......i might like the hard wired option better and its still somewhat smart. As i drive the power to the latch with a Zen 16 i can still control opening the latch from the dashboard on my phone.
Might order another one. And if i ever sell, any new owner wont need HE to operate the gate as the zen works stand alone too,

Cheers
Mac

1 Like

You may not need it now that you have the hard-wired option, but I can't find a way to set the keypad to "On" in custom actions, just "Off" is available in the custom action list for some reason:

Armaway I believe is the on state.

Thanks. Iā€™m still going to give it a try.
The wireless option is still connected to gate 1. The wired is gate 2. And even it I buy another wired keypad in going to try and repurpose this one to be a garage door opener.
Will reply back when I get a chance to test the custom. Thanks.