"User not found" error, bug in C5 setup

I have a C5 Hubitat and I have forgotten my admin password.

I go through the "Forgten Password" step to change it but I am getting the "user not found" error when I ask for the system to send me a code. The propmpts only ask for an email and do not ask for a username.

I have read through the forum but I do not see an easy solution. They refer to an advance button that C5 does not have.

I need help, is there someone out there who knows how work around this bug in the C5 settings?

Are you talking about your Hub Login Security username or your My Hubitat (my.hubitat.com) account? I'm assuming the former? That is the kind that would prevent you from getting into the hub in the first place.

If so, I'm not sure what instructions you found (links are always helpful), but these look up-to-date to me:

If you don't see Advanced, make sure you're going into Hub Details first, as mentioned.

Or if you're talking about your My Hubitat account, the first thing I'd do is make sure case matches (there is/was an odd issue with case sensitivity in the e-mail/username).

2 Likes

The issue is that I cannot log into the admin account because I do not know my password. When I click on the link for Forgot Password it asks for an email address to send a confirmation code to and that is when I get the "User does not exist" error.

I am entering the email that is my admin username.

If I type in a different email it indicates that it sent out the confirmation code but nothing is received to the different email.

Tagging @support_team. Hopefully one of the Hubitat staff will be able to assist you.

1 Like

There was (is?) a bug in that capital letters in the email address are seen as different than lower case letters. Do you use mixed case or capital letters?

1 Like

It's not a bug, it's a "feature" that has not been enhanced since the very beginning. :slight_smile: Email address field only accepts lower case letters. If the user inputs a different format, the alert on the page will say that "user doesn't exist".

3 Likes