User ability to disable ALL hub cloud access

I would like to have the ability to disable ALL cloud access for the hub. I don't use any cloud integrations and I only access my Dashboards on my local network. I know this would have to be a user option and not permanent as that is the only way the hub is able to get updates.

But I don't update either so I don't need it, and if I ever did then I could re-enable it temporarily, then disable it back. I personally would like the default to be OFF instead of the current default of ON.

Could you block it at your router? (You will likely need to ensure you have ntp running on a local machine).

1 Like

I'm not sure what you mean by block cloud access? only IP's outside your subnet?

The dashboard gives you an option to turn on/off cloud access but other than that I'm not clear on what you are getting at - apologies!!!

I'm referring to the Hub itself, not just dashboards (I'm aware this is already possible) I would prefer that the hub NOT check for updates nightly as it currently does, or routinely check with hubitat's cloud server. I would like this disabled and only check for hub updates if it is enabled.

Most of the documented slowdowns appear to be starting (maybe just anecdotal) in the overnight check process.

I would prefer not to do it at the router level, but will if this doesn't change in the near future

Ahh - okay so more of a disable remote services kind of a thing.. that sounds good - maybe HE could have an "enable developer" mode similar to android where certain things like that are available.

Does the nightly maintenance happen from the server or locally?

Its local

2 Likes

So even disconnected from the internet the maintenance would still run okay. Thats good! I am controlling access via a firewall like @Eric.C.Miller recommends anyway.

So far don't have any issues with update checks etc though I could definitely see some who might possibly want to disable this and other system related things depending upon their needs - a services management/control page or something.

1 Like