Use ZWave Scene Controllers as Button Devices

I've got some GoControl WA00Z-1 Z-Wave Scene-Controller Wall Switches. They work fine with the Generic Z-Wave CentralScene Switch device driver. The two buttons on the switch are recognized, and 'pushed' vs. 'held' states are correctly distinguished.

I'm currently using 2 different RM4 rules to manage these switches -- one to respond to "button 1 pushed" (turn lights on) and one to respond to "button 2 pushed || button 2 held" (turn some lights off || turn all lights off).*

It would be much easier if the switches were treated as Button Devices, allowing a more compact, more readable, easier-to-manage rule.

If I attempt to use the Button Device in Rule Machine, the switches only make button #1 available.

• Yes, I could make a single RM4 rule where the trigger is [button 1 pushed || button 2 pushed || button 2 held ] and then the rule has internal conditional statements. It would be more elegant, but I avoided doing that because the GUI to create rules is so unfriendly.

I'm confused. What devices are you picking after picking "button"? The central scene switch, right? Why would you think that they aren't on the same device?

Have you looked for them after picking Button Device as the trigger? If they have Button capability, they should be listed after picking Button Device.

Found a great driver for the buttons in this thread! Z-Wave Wall Switch Developer Question Just use the driver and make an automation to have the button trigger what you want to happen.