USB Stick

True...and another reason to only buy Z-Wave+ devices @TRJ, if you are adding Z-Wave devices to your system.

However, unless you are setting up dependent automations (if switch is on/off do this/don't do that) you will be OK. I've had older GE plain Z-Wave switches in my system for years and haven't noticed issues w/them as I haven't needed to set up any automations that depended on the switches on/off status. And if you really do need that info, you can set up polling on the hub to keep status up to date. (Though most of us like to avoid polling as it adds traffic/load to the Z-Wave mesh.)

4 Likes

I installed aspire switches several years ago because they fade on/off and we really like the style and I hope to not have to change the style, but, I haven't seen any zwave+ eaton aspire switches. I have not found Aspire switches that are z wave+, only z wave. I'm afraid to find out what they would cost with z wave +, never in my wildest dreams thought I would spend almost $100 for a light switch and z wave + would probably be even more! What's even worse, these switches are getting hard to find, I think they may not be makin em anymore.
So, new variant of my plan. Try to get the GE and Eaton switches to at least function as a group so at the very least I hope I can do an all on/off. I'm going to adopt another suggestion and after I get a little more familiar, I'm going to replace these 6 switches with dimmers. That sounded like a good idea when I read it in another post.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be able to bring myself to spending that. I bought 700 series dimmers for less than $30 each from www.thesmartesthouse.com
I think pretty much any dimmer dims up for on and down for off. Parameters are adjustable for speed as well.

4 Likes

OR you can reverse it! See "Paddle Orientation" in the preferences.

:smile:

I've been using button taps for my rules sometimes in combination with the "Smart Bulb" mode which disables the physical relay.. seems to be a bit more responsive for triggering other things.

1 Like

Egads, me neither! Not only would I not be able to do that, but the WAF implosion would be epic - like a black hole suddenly appearing. :wink:

2 Likes

Yes. Even larger than my aversion to paying that much for something that isn’t magical :joy:

1 Like

When we bought our first house, I went to Home Depot and one of the things I came home with was two hoses, for front and back yards.

A 10 minute very heated argument ensued, during which wife posited that I really only needed one hose, and could take it back and forth from the front to back yard as needed. :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

Since then when her inner-Scrooge starts ramping up excessively, I simply say "Are we going to have another garden hose discussion?" and she blushes and we move on. :smiley:

6 Likes

Goes both ways... Why do you need 20 different shoes? Why do you need 150 different coffee cups? Why do you need 15 sets of knives? Why do you need 2 different cars? Why do you need 20 different pots and pans? Why do you need two ovens? I could go on for hours...

I probably would have just bought every hose on the isle... I usually keep my mouth shut when it comes to buying stuff but I'd speak up if she said something about me buying anything.

1 Like

Only 20 I wish I could be so lucky, I call my wife Imelda Marcos when we get into those types of discussions.

I honestly don't know how many she has but she gets a new pair about once or twice a month.

WTF...that's insane. Stand by, I have called and medical assistance is on the way... [EEK!]

But...I think this opens the door for me to buy another hose!!

3 Likes

My wife has a Kindle. I don't comment on her books,

and she doesn't comment on my devices.
Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 3.49.46 PM

This is one of 4 hubs, by the way.

2 Likes

That was just for dramatic effect, that IS NOT my wife's shoe collection. Although I think hers could fill one of those cases. lol

Google "Imelda Marcos shoes" and look at the pictures.

1 Like

My wife is not a big spender, and does occasionally give me s#!t for this:

1 Like

Ah...thanks for the clarification. I remember looking at pics of her shoe collection, I think what you posted must have been one tiny corner of the whole thing. :slight_smile: