US - NEW! iblinds Kit v3

I'm glad I got in at the v3 version, the improvements over v2 and your new driver made it worth the wait. :slight_smile:

@eibyer - nice install. I had the opposite problem, my opening for the charging adapter was way to big, but the double sided tape saved me by holding the adapter in place. I also had issues (almost) placing the battery pack, but I found room for it.

I received this cable today and hope to use it to connect both a USB charger cable directly from the wall plug and the adapter charger cable at the same time. I have the included charger cable connected to the the adapter port 24.7, but don't like that it partially blocks access to the manual open/close button. So I want to connect this y cable to the motor USB port, and then connect both the wall charger USB cable and adapter port USB cable to it. That way I can charge continuously w/out having a cable blocking the manual operation button. Hopefully it will work. :slight_smile:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089PYGB6D/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm supposed to receive my replacement unit for the one I got that would not update its FW today or tomorrow, and then the other two I ordered on the BF sale should arrive this week. It's going to be a blinds-filled holiday week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This device was a hit. She event took a video on her phone while the blinds were closing/opening hands-free :slight_smile:

1 Like

OMG...you hit the jackpot! :smiley:

Quick, purchase any home automation device(s) you ever wanted before the mood wears off...

:wink:

1 Like

Ok, something strange happened. We were watching tv and we hear this whirring sound. I thought it was coming from the outside then we realized it was the motor making the sound with the blinds closed. The last event in the device properties was at 5:20PM when I had it set to auto-close, nothing after that. The whirring sound happened at around 8:50PM.

The only way I could get it to stop was to click "Off" in the Device page.

Odd.

Sounds like the blinds weren't moving, so it was trying to close them when they were already closed?

Did you update the FW on it yet? Mine is on 3.02 after the update, what FW is yours on?

Just thought of something - maybe it was trying to do a calibration - if that is initiated by the blind that might be why no events would showed up?

The blinds were already closed when it happened. Mine is still on the original firmware 3.1.

I tried to open/close the blinds and it still worked but it did start making the sound again after a few seconds of closing. I hit "Off" again and then the sound stopped.

Odd...PM me if you want the FW file to see if updating the FW helps.

NVM...easier just to post it.

FYI - just found out this is a Beta FW release. Do not install this and then expect iBlinds to help you out if you have problems. It has been running fine on one of my blinds since last week, but YMMV and you have been warned.

[iBlinds v3.02 Beta FW]

Thanks, do I need a secondary controller to update fw?

I added an "off" command after 5 seconds to my webcore piston's open/close command just to be safe.

You should be able to use the new FW update app in the 2.2.4 release...it's a built in app, so you can access it from the Add Built In App button.

Ooooh hmm, I haven't touched the 2.2.4 release yet :smiley:

There's your reason! :wink:

It's solid - 2.2.4.145 has been really good to me and others from what I've heard. Take a backup (in case anything goes wrong) and give it a try. If you don't like it you can always revert in a few seconds.

You can do it w/a UZB stick and PC controller if you have that...they have instructions for that path on their website.

But I'd open a ticket w/support on their site - they have been very responsive and helpful w/me.

Ok, I think I'll break out the UZB stick tonight and do it that way. My system has been working so far so there wasn't any rush to get on the 2.2.4 bus. I've been reading about some of the other users' experiences and some makes for an interesting read.

You can try the Secondary Controller method first, as that doesn't require you to exclude your blinds from HE to do the update. However, I found that method never worked for me.

The IN/EX method worked w/out issue. But you have to exclude from HE, include to Z-Wave stick in PC Controller, do the update, exclude from Z-Wave stick and include again to HE.

https://support.myiblinds.com/article-categories/ota-v3/

Is there a stock driver in 2.2.3?

No...and I think you'd want to use Roberts anyway...has more features and I believe takes better advantage of the improved status communication from the blinds.

Ok, just troubleshooting this oddity with the motor still. I loaded the iBlinds driver from github, just checking to see if I get the same result.

You mean the iBlinds 3.1 driver, I assume.

Yeah, worth checking. I've had no odd behavior w/Robert's driver, my motor has been quiet except when opening or closing as expected. So far. [ominous music...] :wink:

My second (replacement) unit arrived today...I'm going to check out what FW it has on it and update it to 3.02 if it is on 3.01.

Is there a problem someone has reported here? Because I woke up around 1 AM last night with a whistling sound that I thought was maybe a concerning noise from my furnace or an air register, but after some looking/listening around, it was actually the iBlinds v3 unit I just installed. Sounded like maybe the motor was trying to turn but got stuck and was making a high-pitched whine (even though I didn't tell it to move any time around this time). Switching the battery off fixed the problem and allowed me to finish sleeping in peace.

I'm going to try charging the battery (I think; I hope it wasn't the battery making this noise...), verifying that nothing should be preventing the motor/rod from moving (sometimes it's tricky to get these units, being retrofits, installed well--though this was a headrail I previously had a v2 in), and contacting their support if I can't figure anything out. But if it's some known issue, maybe I can save myself the time. :slight_smile:

@bertabcd1234

From above:

As I said, I haven't experienced this. My only iBlind setup so far is in the family room, so if it was doing something odd overnight I wouldn't hear it. But it's done nothing odd (either one, actually) in terms of running when it shouldn't.

1 Like

I'm recharging the battery now. I can replicate the sound if I issue a 'close' or 'set level 0' command. I was going to try to 'set level 1' but my battery died. The sound also stops if you send an 'off' from the HE device page.

1 Like