URGENT: Everything is working and I have nothing to do. Help! Now!

Thank you. I also just recalled someone telling me previously that the SmartThings docs are predominately compatible:

https://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/capabilities-reference.html

1 Like

Last time I programmed anything it was in FORTRAN. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Which version, my first was Fortran IV with WATFIV....

1 Like

COBOL is the way, the truth, and the light...

:wink:

1 Like

That was, I think my 3rd or 4th computer language... one of the easiest to debug, but wordy as #$*@ - loved it when we got enough memory that I could remove the overlays

1 Like

It would have been in the 80's on a DEC MINC-11 and an LSI-11. I believe that version was a DEC product based on FORTRAN IV.

I started programming in FORTRAN in 1968 on a GE225 mainframe using decks of punch cards. I was in high school at the time. Our neighbor taught computers to the cadets at West Point and taught me and a few other kids in the neighborhood how to program in BASIC on a PDP-8 in his basement and eventually FORTRAN on the West Point mainframe.

Thinking about it just now I realize that experience influenced my future more than either one of us could have imagined.

2 Likes

your dating yourself.. basic on a commodore pet.. still have one in basement that boots.

first real course at michigan tech while still in high school fortran on cards..

2 Likes

Well when I started programming, punch cards were made of wood, and computers were powered by water wheels!

2 Likes

is your name babbage.

2 Likes

You can call me Chuck. :wink:

1 Like

Of course I can't really talk my first calculator looked like this:

2 Likes

probably not to many caught that.
Just finished the watching the entire series over again with the kids.

3 Likes

Which series? "The Machine that Changed the World" or ?

We've descended into Charles Babbage jokes now???

Don't make me ask @gopher.ny to pump out two more updates 6 hrs apart.. so you have something to DO. :smiley:

2 Likes

I had to program in a rolled-up newspaper in a septic tank.

3 Likes

I just knew someone would have the same thought as me and post that. :smiley: One of my favs...

2 Likes

Any of you guys with nothing to do have a tuxedo touch keypad?

TUXWIFIW_lg

Never even heard of it!

And I'm insulted. I have plenty to do. I'm waiting for my wife to finish working so I can order dinner.

The nerve.

3 Likes

nope sorry I was wrong
Going from the other posts I thought you were dating yourself
by referring to yourself as "old as god himself"
The TV series Supernatural. The character God often said

bingeing 15 seasons with the kids it is kind of stuck in my head.