URGENT: Everything is working and I have nothing to do. Help! Now!

No they repeat still, it's possible that you have better repeaters and they are choosing them as the route. I have 9 on a hub (only them) and they are using each other to route, not by a PC to show you though.
I also have 2 friend and family with lightify hubs with them, they route.

1 Like

I wish there was a 12V one for the UK. I bought one from China but I cannot get it to work for love nor money :sob:

1 Like

I just found this thread.

It's all your fault!

:no_mouth:

3 Likes

Well... Everything’s working fine so found this thread again.................

1 Like

can i be facetious here.

at least in my case.. with ecolink contact.. upgrade to 2.2.4 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks to @Hal3 and @bertabcd1234 I've automated five blinds (via iBlinds). They are set up and after some VERY satisfactory issues and problem solving are working perfectly.

Thanks to @dadarkgtprince and @Ken_Fraleigh, I've installed three of the Sylvania/Osram LED strips. Two in closet test installs. (Overall the strips are awaiting install in wife's new walk-in closet after remodel.) Third strip was just installed as a part of a kitchen gas burner safety warning automation:

I swear I have not been shirking my automation duties! Additional recent:

• Christmas tree - check.
  • Outside Chrismas lights - check.
  • Indoor Christmas lights - check.
  • Entertainment center built-in lights - check.
  • Doggie cam - check.

But lIke @AverageJoe90 and @Hal3 I once again find myself bereft of projects. What to do...what to do!?

One project I'm thinking about that would be fun, is adding one of the Osram LED strips to our pantry cabinet. It's two five foot tall doors w/slide out shelves inside. It's next to the fridge, so I realized I could cut a hole in the side of the pantry cabinet near the back and run a plug to the outlet behind the fridge to get power. Boom! LED pantry lights. Sort of unnecessary, but so much cool involved.

I'd just have to find a time to do the cutting when the wife is out of the house, and she is now working from home so that doesn't happen too often. But better it's done stealth...what she doesn't know about holes in her kitchen cabinets (even ones she can't see) won't hurt me. :wink:

What else...

4 Likes

@danabw Figure out how to ring a mechanical doorbell when a person is detected on a doorbell cam. Person detection is working fine just need to figure out how to trigger the doorbell.

2 Likes

Put a little sign under the doorbell that says "ring doorbell" and let the person on the cam ring it.

1 Like

Oh man, too easy!!

Person detection flips HE virtual switch.
Virtual switch triggers switchbot smartswitch
Switchbot smartswitch pushes mechanical doorbell button

Boom!

Next?!

:wink:

1 Like

I did this exact thing to all our lower cabinets. Those suckers are dark and were not laid out for pull out shelving. I was able to use just a couple contact sensors by daisy chaining reed switch contacts to each door. Anyway, WAF was real high on this project.

1 Like

So nice when WAF ends up on the plus side...

Your comments are making me think that I need to do some measuring and seriously review the feasibility of fitting the lights in my pantry. Challenge accepted, sir!

:wink:

Oh man, just measured and looked at the pantry config and install options, and it's like someone designed it for a 16' LED light strip. I can mount it on the inside surface of the pantry door frame pointing into the pantry - so the LEDs won't be pointing sideways into your eyes. The entire dimensions I need to cover is just under 16' (Sylvania strips are 16').

It's fate!

2 Likes

I used the 16' strip in exactly that manner in the bottom cabinets. In some additional cabinets that my bride uses as a pantry the 2' strips worked. I actually have one more 16' and a 2' left (with power supplies and zigbee radios) I need to find homes for. I've already done our closets.

BTW, I was able to use a small hole saw to drill through the cabinets to get to power.

1 Like

1 Like

I find this a nice topic to revisit after another successful addition (Nest thermostat) into Hubitat... The only thing left is to unsubscribe to the ST server/maintenance/downtime updates.

2 Likes

Buy a lottery ticket... you’re on a roll

5 Likes

Learn groovy and help develop apps and drivers. This will keep you plenty busy.

1 Like

Yeah, that has occurred to me in the past. I used to edit apps and drivers fairly frequently on ST for my own purposes/use, but what I did was limited to tweaking existing capabilities, rather than adding new features or significantly changing existing ones. I did "publish" an updated version of a driver once (just posted updated code in a thread) and that felt cool. :slight_smile: Definitely something to think about...

2 Likes

It's definitely saving me money since I don't have time to browse the web and look for new gadgets to buy and still feeds my addiction for the need to be doing something. The first day or so I was completely lost. The last time I programmed anything was using Borland C and C++. It's way easier now that I understand what's going on. There's a little bit of structure to learn and then you just make up stuff to do what you want as you go along.

2 Likes

Any recommended resources for this? I have a couple of apps that I'd like to rewrite/modify but I don't know Javascript or Groovy.

Likewise. I understand the basics of coding but it has been many years.

Take a look at these examples. They'll give you an idea of how things are structured to get started.

Aps can be broken down into 4 main sections. You have the app page that is displayed when you launch the app. This is typically primarily inputs which are later used in the logic of the app to do something.

Then there is the install/initialize/update parts that subscribe to device events, initialize variables, or other various tasks as the app is in one of those states.

Next is usually device handlers. Handlers listen for events from subscriptions to do something.

Last is usually the methods that apply some type of logic to perform various actions depending on conditions to bring it all together.