Updating Phillips Hue Bridge IP to 169.254.11.xxx:80

Log file

You can see that the local network is 192.168.1.xxx.
The IP for the Phillips Hue Bridge is 192.168.1.135. This IP is reserved in the router, as all other IPs.

Does anyone know what is going on?

169.254.x.x addresses are reserved IPs for self-assignment, something is offline, either the DHCP server, the Hubitat, or the Hue hub.

It seems like a pretty odd scenario ... I suspect the Hue bridge, since the Hubitat seems like it has somehow learned that the Hue has a changed address. I'm not totally clear on how that knowledge transfer would have happened though. Maybe something at Layer-2 in the switch conveyed it (arp?)

[Edit #3] The more I think about it, the more this looks like NIC flakiness at the Hue hub. Maybe try switching its network wire and even plug it into a different switchport.

Go into the Phillips HUE apps on your phone and go into setting. Find out what IP is the bridge.

1 Like

Thank you for you suggestions. Turns out the Orbi satellite lost access to the router. The Hue hub is connected to the satellite. Tried powering off everything on the network. Powered up the router then the satellite after the router booted. Nothing seemed to get the two to talk. It was time to restore the router backup file. That worked. Everything works now :crossed_fingers:.
Good thing I backed the configuration file recently.

4 Likes