Updating Hub

Hi.. is too crazy to ask an update process using a file apart from direct connection ?
I mean as an extra way to do it.

I had 4 times trying to update but always fail.. I reebot and same result.

I guess the problem is my internet so i guess a downloader with resume will be better to download the new firmware?

In the past, staff has said they are not interested in doing alternative update methods.

Let me guess, you probably have a Static IP address set in the hub? Typically if your connection isn't set up correctly, this update failure happens. Try switching to DHCP in the Hubitat hub and reserving the address in your router instead.

3 Likes

One of two things. Your DNS is not correct under static ip settings as @neonturbo points out or under settings>>network setup your ethernet speed is not set to auto. Check both of those.

I would set your hub to DHCP and use a reservation in the router instead.

2 Likes

Sorry I was involve in a lot of things here guys....
My hub ip is working with DHCP and I indeed it use an ip reservation on my router.
My DNS is automatically assigned by my ISP to my router.

The rare is the gub always started to download up to about 8% and then fail..... it looks like is not doing a RESUME with the download process?

And another clue is I always updated without any problem... until now.

Any other idea?

under settings>>network setup make sure that network speed is set to auto. If so I would hit the network reset button on the bottom of the hub. Use a toothpick or paperclip and press for 7 seconds. It is the only round hole out of all the square ones.

Good.. I did not though into that... but is indeed a good solution.. Thanks!

Which one? The network speed or the network reset?

The network speed is in Auto... I never touched that... I mean to reset the hub from factory, update it and then restore it.

It doesn't have to be the way but is indeed a way to discard my internet as the problem

Anyway I'm trying one last time... so far 12% downloading .. lets see.

Well the button only resets the network settings not the whole hub...

1 Like

You don't have jumbo frames turned on on your router do you?

1 Like

Ho! I though that button is for factory reset....
and No, I do not have jumbo frames activated... is an standard connection

1 Like

Well... after made all those procedures I unfortunately have to say the result was the same.

I put the HE in another subnet, behing a VPN, without VPN, I reset the network as instructed by [rlithgow1], I made a soft reset... and nothing.. same result of "Download Failed"

One thing I noticed indeed and is it looks in one of those tryouts the download finished because the Hub said something like "checking the downloaded file" or similar... but at the end it report that download was not good either.....

I'm trying to update:
Currently running version: 2.3.4.129
New version available: 2.3.4.150

Am I the only having this problem?

Try using the diagnostics tool on port 8081 to download latest firmware then use the previous version button to switch to the new version. This may get around whatever issue the regular UI is having.

4 Likes

PERFECT!! That way I was able to update!.

Thanks all of you for your help ...

1 Like

Glad you got it worked out...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.