[UPDATED] - Message Central - Make your home speak

Thanks Andy i will setup another rule. I know i am under the 10 limit sms and i know the number is good as its the same as i am using in rule machine for another rule and that fires.

@Cobra can you clarify how the "switch to enable/disable this message" is supposed to work? I assumed if the assigned switch was on then the messages would play and if off they would not, but that doesn't seem to be the case with my setup. Regardless of the switch state my message is still playing.

Looking at the app states in the log, I can see the state "appgo" responding to the switch state but it doesn't seem to restrict the message being played.

Yes, that is how it’s supposed to work
I did say this was a beta :slight_smile:

I’m hoping to find some time this week to look at this.
BTW, what trigger were you using when the switch didn’t work?

Andy

I have a door contact that I only want to announce if a virtual switch linked to the open/close state of my overhead garage door is open. Regardless of the on/off state of the virtual switch the door contact state is still being announced.

Thanks Mark.
I’ll look at this as soon as I can

Andy

I’m trying to add a check for when power goes below 1.17 W to send a pushover message. It keeps telling me that I need a correct value for watts. If I put a whole number in it I’m good and it saves. Any decimal it won’t let me save it. Any idea?

Mark
was this a pushover message or voice?

@tomm1313
The new version will allow decimal input
Releasing soon.

Andy

New versions Uploaded to GitHub
Parent V2.1.0
Child V10.5.0

Included a few bug fixes

Andy

New to MC. Set up a presence announcement that looks like this:

And I get this:
app:24582018-08-23 20:35:51.795:errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: app1535065008475605824262.timeOfDayIsBetween() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.Date, sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo) values: [2018-08-23T06:15:00.000-0600, 2018-08-23T23:00:00.000-0600, ...] on line 2474 (talkSwitch)

I am I doing something wrong?

Also ... Can I use the %greeting% variable as one of the entries in one of the %group#% variables?

Thanks.

Pushover, sorry for the slow reply

OK.
There was an issue with my pushover code - should be fixed in last update.

Andy

@Matthew
There is currently an issue with this method (I originally wrote this app for ST) and I'm waiting for the Hubitat guys to implement this method in apps (I believe they have already done it for drivers)

However; I think I have found a work around and will include it in the next update.

In the meantime you could use an enable/disable virtual switch and use RM to turn on/off at certain times.
Unfortunately the 'quiet time' restrictions also use the same method and may not work until I fix it

Hopefully I can release an update on Monday (or before if I get the time)

As for using %greeting% inside one of the groups?
In theory it should work but I have never tried it :slight_smile:

Andy

Thanks, I'll give it a try

Thanks Andy. I will set up the virtual switch and I'l let you know if %greeting% inside the %group% works.

@Cobra

I'm using this with Dan's @ogiewon Google Assistant Relay driver to make "broadcast" announcements via my Google Homes.

It doesn't appear to be a specific method to send TTS notifications to a device so I'm using the pushover notification method and just not setting any of the variables which seems to work fine. However, I'm thinking this might not be the best option, is there a way to add just a straight TTS option to the app, or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Mark
I’m not sure what you mean by ‘straight tts option’
It’s designed to send tts to any device that has ‘capability.musicPlayer’

It’s possible the @ogiewon’s device has the ‘capability.speechSynthesis’

Andy

I tired using the speak function but it didn't seem to work. When I use the pushover method and specify the google assistant relay driver it works.

But it works when I send a speak request within the driver, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Yes, the Pushover driver implements both Notification and Speech Synthesis. This was done to allow apps that support either capability the ability to use the driver. Of course, Pushover only handles ouch messages, not TTS.

I think I also used both of these capabilities on the Google Assistant Relay driver as well.

Both drivers have numerous special features implemented based on whether or not you add those options in [] at the beginning of the text.

If I choose "voice" for message type, google assistant relay doesn't show up as an option even though it does support speech synthesis in the driver. It shows up as an option in join message, but does't work (didn't expect it to). Only the pushover method seems to work.