[UPDATED] - Message Central - Make your home speak

I have to ask... did you read all 3248 lines to find it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just browsing around :slight_smile:

1 Like

The only ‘pause’ that works with ‘Polly’ TTS is a comma (,)
You can use multiple commas but I’m not sure that really extends the pause too much.

I suppose I might be able to configure a ‘wait’ but that would stop the app running for the configured number of seconds and I’m always reluctant to do that for fear of something going wrong.
I’ll have a look to see what I can do if I implement this.

Andy

Interestingly (or not)

It's line 3620 on my version :slight_smile:
400 lines of extra code.. (or lot of white space :slight_smile:)

Fixed, ready for the next release.. Thanks for finding that

Andy

1 Like

Already done!
(And tested with Pushover - can't make the house speak at this time of night)

Ready for the next release..

No 'pause' yet though.. I'll have to think about that one (not sure if I will do it to be honest)

Andy

1 Like

New version uploaded
Parent: 2.2.0
Child: 12.7.1

Parent Updates:
Added to 'Cobra Apps' Container
https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-cobra-apps-container/4962?u=cobra

Child Updates:

• V12.7.1 - Edited variables help page to show new variables available
  • V12.7.0 - Added app pause switch
  • V12.6.0 - Added a bunch of new variables so you can report on light & switch state
  • V12.5.1 - Change the way %rain% is spoken - If 0% then: 'Rain is not expected today" - If n% then 'There is a n% chance of rain today
  • V12.5.0 - Added an optional, configurable 'prefix' input for weather alerts - "Message to play before weather alert (optional)"

Andy

1 Like

I just noticed something this morning during the weather forecast. The wind direction announcement is ENE instead of East North East. I remember seeing the code to replace ENE with East North East in your app so maybe it's not working?

Thanks for the report, I'll have a look.

Andy

@DeveloperDavidB @aaron

A teaser of something I'm working on...

a second picture...

Andy

Oh WOW!! Thank you!! I was keeping my fingers crossed! I had a feeling that once mentioned, you would start working it through in your head and wan't to give it a try! Thanks again!

Hahah
Don’t thank me until I make it work..
The big problem is duplicating everything for the ‘quiet time’ volume settings

Andy

Would it be possible to add to the power option? With switches there is an option to speak a message when a switch is on and off. Could you set something up where a message could be spoken if the power drops and rises above a threshold?

@homeauto2112
Where would you use this?

Andy

@cuboy29
I looked at this issue this morning.
You need to make sure a space is before the %windDir% variable.
This is because if I remove the configured spaces in the 'match' then it will pick up on other words and try to replace part of them
e.g and word ending in 'ene' would have the 'ene' replaced with east northeast
so I needed to separate it with spaces
If there is a space before then it will speak correctly (at least it did when I tried it :slight_smile:)

Andy

This is the string I am playing with.

Good Morning, today is %day% %date%. The current time is %time%. Here is the weather for today. %wsum%. Have a wonderful day.

OK..
which weather device driver are you using?

This is what I use for my daily weather report:

%greeting% ,, Here is your weather for today,,, %wnow%,, With a high of around %high% degrees ,, and a low of around %low% degrees. , Temperature is currently, %temp% degrees. , Humidity is currently, %hum% % . Wind, is from the %wdir% at %wspeed% mph, with gusts up to %wgust%. , and,, %rain%

I have not created the weather summary for the weewx driver (which is the one I'm using)

Andy

I am using your original weather device.

Which version?