Updated Hub C-8, Google Home not locking in

Newbie here, But
C-8 has the iblinds showing in device. But Google not seeing C-8. Reset Google this morning, still not seeing now.
Prior to update, Google would see the Hubitat, but would not see the iblinds. Could not add for voice What am I doing wrong. Have the Hank for scene control can't figure that out either as, I am a Mac person so have to rely on phone app. My wife love these, the Habitat set up of the blinds were easy, but just clueless on how to make it so she can open in morning, and close at night. Help if You can.

How did you "reset Google"? First confirm that your Hubitat Elevation hub is able to connect to the internet, also you may want to check the Logs page to see if there are any errors.

Hubitat's native/stock GH integration does not actually incorporate bilnds or shades -- it's basically limited to lights and switches. The community GH app does allow you to add stuff like blinds & shades, so you may want to check that out.

Or you can use virtual switches to tie them in using stock integration.

Thank You for the fast response, it is showing the update for .136 from .135. completed.
Right after that is when I did a hard re-set of the Google.
I made sure C-8 is online, just tried it again 10:13a EDT and it says it is linked, but not showing on the Linked device's. I did it this time without adding any item(Blinds x4).
My wife doesn't care if it is Google or the Hank Controller. It is the rules that totally confuse me. To those that know how to do it correctly, I tip my hat to Your patience and knowledge.

Thank You for the info, I did try using the blinds & shades. But it is not for iblinds, but other manufactures. I did see a video how the when the GH did see it, it was a switch.

I do not know what virtual switches are, looked them up. Would not know what to do or how to incorporate correctly. (I suck at this.)

The hub itself will not show on Devices page in the Google Home app, only compatible devices that are connected to Hubitat Elevation and linked to Google will show in the Google Home app.

It now is saying (Null) is linked.
I guess, the point is, it showed as a device prior, just like the LG and Leviton, now it doesn't which is making my head spin.

In Youtube videos from 3 yrs ago it is demonstrating the auto with Google, which got it that was then this is now.

How do I set up a basic rule just to open and close the blinds via the Hank, just want to push button 1 open, button 3 to close.

I have tried to figure it out, can add push button and number, then nothing saying open or close when you scroll to the other commands.

The tutorials (basic and level 2) really don't address it for this sort of situation.

What is "Hank"?

HE's native Google Home integration can be deceiving because it will allow you to select incompatible devices and even hit the "Done" button without obviously flagging anything as incompatible.

You can only really tell that a device didn't stick because it won't stay in the list -- I have quite a few devices integrated, so at a glance, it's easy to miss that a certain (incompatible) device is no longer in the list after I hit "Done".

Whenever you do update the connected devices, it's a good idea to then go to your GH itself and command it to "sync my devices".

Hank 4 scene controller, used by both iblinds and Hubitat

It seems like you have several unique issues here, and it would be best to tackle them one by one (perhaps even each in its own post so a wider audience of community members could help).

Providing more background details about each issue would be helpful.

1 Like

Your right, so now, just want to use the Hank 4 scene controller for open and close.

Looking at tutorials and trying to get as much info as the but the App on the iPhone for it, and the commands it is looking for make no sense.

But again new here so trying to get it going for wife.