Unusually high number of events

Need some help figuring this out.

Several times I've had this error message flashing that a particular device of mine a Zooz double-outlet Z-wave plug (https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MVX4M2Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) is having an unusually high number of "events." Sometimes when I get this error message, the Hubitat itself is unresponsive or slow and has to be rebooted. Doing this fixes the problem temporarily, only to get this message again.

I'm really not sure why this is happening. The device itself is not being used that many times - it controls some holiday-themed lights in my foyer and only comes on and off at certain times during the year.

Please see this thread, these are known to cause issues:

1 Like

Go to the device page and look at the "Events" button/tab to see what is being generated. That's what the warning you see in the UI is complaining about, so this will tell you for sure (assuming your history thresholds are enough that a number of them are still there, but even with just a few you can maybe make a guess--or increase it for this device temporarily if needed).

My guess, given this device, is power reports, which is one of the things the thread linked to above (whose advice I'd also recommend following, assuming you want to even use this device at all after reading that) mentions--but, again, this will help you figure it out for sure.

Good luck!