Universal state size settings?

I thought there used to be a place for being able to override all state settings. I can't remember where there. It was an actual menu and not some end point.

I have mine set to 11 because I remember at one point there was an issue with setting it lower than that. Is this still true?

I only remember using the endpoints, but the 11 is no longer an issue (I have a couple set at 1 and 1).

1 Like

Does anybody know how to purge old attribute history? For example of your removed an attribute from a driver or changed its format?

If new values/events aren't being created, then the existing ones never age out. Short of deleting the device, I haven't found a way to purge attribute history.

This may have been what you were looking for, @markbellkosel84: Alert - Your database is growing - #26 by gopher.ny

1 Like

Try changing the device type to Device, save, then you can delete old info. Change back to original device type and save again.

2 Likes

Thanks, that is a good tip for State variables, but unfortunately it doesn't work for the Events history.

What exactly would be the reason for having a history higher than 1? Maybe I'm not understanding what the main purpose is.

History is, well, history…. If you are interested in seeing how a device is reacting you could go to the Event History and track an attribute or several through the event cycle to determine things like: how many times did someone open the door in the last week, etc.

@tomw. It may not work, but what happens if you set the values to zero for the device and then run http://yourHubIP/hub/cleanupDatabase

2 Likes

Clever idea, but 0 didn't take. 1 did, and so it at least reduced the history to 1. I could push something innocuous like "n/a" into the value beyond that, but I'm still looking for a way to delete the event from the history.

It seems like if the driver no longer declares the attribute anymore that something like "cleanupDatabase" should remove the historical events history for that attribute. Is that a reasonable behavior change request, @gopher.ny?

So I think for my purposes, it may be best to set it very lowe across the board and then selectively change certain ones. Thanks for the clarification.

Does this work for your first step: Universal state size settings? - #4 by tomw

It does. I could swear that there was a menu somewhere for this. It may have been on the logs page before it was reworked.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.