Understanding the app interface

Hi all I am just moving to hubitat. I do have a hub in a relatives house (moving from vera). I have done some basic adding devices. I have not had any problems with adding and controlling devices. So here is my question:

Through research I have read people talking about "Ghost" devices. When I open the app and look under Lights/Switches, I see The room and the device like this
Room= Detached Garage
Device= a power symbol with the name "Detached Garage"

Everything I am describing would be normal to me except I see like 3 of the above example. I see it for all devices. Is that normal or did I do something wrong?

Thanks
Bill

"Ghosts" are the result of partial ZWave Joins that are incomplete. Screen capture your Settings: Zwave Details page. Here's my Development Hub as an example:

The Community is willing to review the Stats, Status and Routes columns for problems for you, if you post it.

2 Likes

To add to the above, what you're looking at in the mobile app (the "Lights/Switches" tab) is just way to manually control devices. It does not tell you anything about your underling Z-Wave network (or Zigbee or whatever protocol they're using--nor does it care, being a generic interface that abstracts you away from these details). To see that, you'll need to use the admin interface of your hub that was shown above. This is most easily accessed by visiting your hub's IP address in a browser on your computer, though you could also use a phone or even the "Tools" section in the mobile app to get there too.

As for the duplicates, this was a display-only bug I saw a few people report a while back. I'm not sure if it was ever confirmed or fixed, but if you aren't on the latest version of the mobile app, I might suggest that first. Otherwise, it's at least not a problem with your hub network, being different from the above. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate it.