Understanding Repeating and a Few Other Tidbits

@april.brandt
Thank you for taking the time to put this together and have it available for newcomers (such as myself) to read, and become more well informed.

It's both helpful, and appreciated!

@april.brandt or others in the know...

I am working with a Schlage lock and trying to get reliable communication. One question I have around the beaming capability. I looked at a Minoston MP21Z. According to the conformance statement is has beaming capability. However, for Supports Z-Wave AES-128 Security S0? it has a NO. The Schlage lock that I have uses SO security. So based on this information does it mean this device would not work for beaming of messages to my lock?

If this is the case does anyone know of a specific make and model that will support the SO protocol for the Schlage lock type be468/be469?

You won't need to use a beaming repeater that requires S0 inclusion; Z-Wave secure messages will be routed by non-secure nodes per Silicon Labs:

"Secured and Non-Secured Devices
To maintain backward compatibility and interoperability, both the secured and non-secured Z-Wave devices will interoperate in the same Z-Wave network.

The Z-Wave security solution supports networks with mixed secure and non-secure communication in order to leverage on the existing non-secure products. Both secure and non-secure nodes can participate in the routing algorithm."

1 Like

Great! Thanks for the information and the link to Silicon labs information. I will probably spend some late night reading time there.

1 Like