[Under New Management] iRobot Scheduler

Trying to get this going on a Mac mini. Does anyone know how to make it start as a service on a mac instead of PI?

Also when I save the app I get this in the log and then it just spins forever and never completes

EDIT: never mind got in running on my synolgy NAS which is better for me anyway (one less device)

Thanks @plantucha for posting this

As of 7/25/2020 continued development of iRobot Scheduler has ceased. If another developer would like to continue these efforts then please fork the GitHub and also follow the licensing constraints and ownership of the code and intellectual property within the license.

:sob: :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

Appreciate your work on this app. It has worked flawlessly for me. Hope someone doesn't come along and break your great work.

2 Likes

1 Like

I've been building on this recently for my own purposes - integrated the cleanRooms capability for i7/s9 roombas, currently this uses a single "default" regions JSON specified in the App preferences/inputs. iRobot/Roomba at master · dkilgore90/iRobot · GitHub

I'm happy to provide some community support moving forward - not sure if the repo target change will cause issues with those using the 3rd-party Hubitat Package Manager (I don't use it myself)?

@aaron if you don't mind double-checking that I've properly followed your licensing constraints / appended to ownership :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You are fine. Hope you can continue carrying the torch!

Get this when I try to import the raw code from URL or pasting in everything.

This is great news! I had been hoping this would come along soon. Glad test it out when it is ready. I have several robots that are multi-room capable and would love to free myself from the iRobot app scheduling dependencies and let it all be handled with the Hubitat.

Oops - missing a comma at the end of line 80. Will fix.

2 Likes

@dkilgore90 What is the format for the Input default rooms for cleaning field?

It utilizes the same JSON as the dorita980 method args: GitHub - koalazak/dorita980: Unofficial iRobot Roomba and Braava (i7/i7+, 980, 960, 900, e5, 690, 675, m6, etc) node.js library (SDK) to control your robot

For convenience, if the roomba in question only has 1 map saved, it will use that pmap_id and user_pmapv_id, without needing to specify them in the default rooms JSON -- otherwise these are mandatory to correlate to the proper map.

As an example, mine is currently set to

{"regions": [{"region_id":"20", "type":"rid"}, {"region_id":"22", "type":"rid"}]}

to clean two of the front rooms in my house.

@pmusselman for now you have to change the preferences input if you want to change which rooms are to be cleaned -- but it should be a small leap to allow the command to be called with a JSON arg each time - which would allow different rooms to be cleaned via RM triggers, etc. The next step would be different sets of rooms per-schedule. On my to-do list, but not yet coded...

1 Like

Seems a recent irobot update may have broken this convenience feature - it seems to overwrite the creation date of the map with the date it was last used - this was embedded in the user_pmapv_id. Simple workaround to include these IDs in the default regions JSON.

1 Like

I'm new to the community, so this might be obvious to others. But when I see deprecated in the title, I'm more hesitant on using it. Is there a better approach to connecting Roomba to Hubitat, or is this all we have at the moment?

It works fine just isn't currently supported by the author anymore. Been using it for about a year. If it stops working sometime down the road then you can find an alternative. I myself would likely just fix whatever broke and keep using it. I usually post fixes or enhancements on the thread when issues come up.

1 Like

I second @lewis.heidrick. The App/driver works great. Until you setup vlans and now it cannot talk to my rest server :rofl: Once I get all the firewalls rules done, I'm sure it'll keep "rolling on". And I have no clue how to fix it if it breaks, so I'll be right back here hounding lewis with ya! lol

1 Like

@lewis.heidrick @TechMedX Good to know, I've gotten it installed and working. All seems fine at the moment. Thank you!

2 Likes

I've picked up some development on this app/driver on my fork, with Aaron's blessing -- see this post (#189): [Under New Management] iRobot Scheduler

So far, my focus has been on integrating the "rooms" capabilities of roomba i7/s9 models -- but LMK if you run into other issues, I'll do my best to address them.

2 Likes

hey dkilgore90, thanks for your work thus far.

I don't think I've done anything differently from a previous version, but it seems adding and configuring the app does not add the Roomba device automatically. It doesn't seem like I am able to add this as a virtual device either after the fact.