Unable to update hub

Good afternoon!

I'm attempting to update the software on my hub (C4), but it continues to fail. I've done a soft reset and it is continuing to fail after that as well. I also did another soft reset and tried to restore from a backup file, but that also failed. It is currently running 2.3.5.152 and is trying to download 2.3.6.146. It starts to download, then says verifying integrity, then says download failed. MAC address of my hub is C4:4E:AC:1A:1C:82. Let me know if you need any other information to troubleshoot this.

Thank you!
Jeff

Use the diagnostic tool (see docs below)

Press download latest version, wait for that to finish
Then use Restore Previous Version button to updaters to the latest (it works to go backwards or forwards despite the name of the button).

This will usually work when the normal update path is failing for some reason.

1 Like

Thanks for the response! I should have mentioned this in my original post, but I have already tried this and that fails as well. I even tried in safe mode. See screenshot.

Seems like your hub cannot reach the internet then.

Do you have a static IP set on the hub? If so, switch to DHCP.
If its already DHCP, do you have it segregated with a VLAN or firewall blocked somehow?

1 Like

I do not have a static set...in fact I don't think you can set a static on the C4 unless you do a DHCP reservation which I am not. No vlan segregation. I am using a Pi-Hole, but even when that is disabled the issue continues.

I am running 2.3.6.145 on my C4, which doesn't solve your issue but rules out a general C4 issue with that version...maybe

2 Likes

Screenshot 2023-11-29 at 11.18.26 AM

Try pinging an Internet host and verify that you get good responses.

Settings: Network Setup: Network Test (at the top, in text)

1 Like

I don't believe the C4 model has the network setup area in settings. Doesn't appear to be fully booting anymore anyway...just gets stuck.

I think there is no issues doing this on a C4 -> You could use the diagnostic tool to download a local backup for safe keepings, and then do a soft reset. See if it will boot after that. You could even try doing the firmware update while it is reset. Then restore the backup when ready.

2 Likes

Trying this now. At this point I don't care if I retain anything, I'm fine with setting everything up from scratch. Just moved into a new house, so it would allow me to set it up cleanly.

Just ran a soft reset and will try to update as soon as that finishes.

I've run a soft reset twice now and both times it just hangs here:

Tagging @gopher.ny who may be able to look at your engineering logs.

1 Like

Quick follow up - hub sat at the same screen all night, so the soft reset doesn't seem to have helped. I just unplugged it and will leave it unplugged for a little bit and then try again.

There is a possibility that your C-4 has failed.

1 Like