Unable to Pair Sengled Zigbee Bulbs

This is literally my first Zigbee device im adding to HE. The only other thing I can think of is all my other Zigbee bulbs on my current ST hub im migrating from is causing interference.

It doesn't really sound like this is your issue but when I've had problems pairing Sengled bulbs in the past the only way I could get them to pair was to use a power bar with a rocker switch and do a factory reset of the bulb.

As in:
Plug a lamp into power bar
Install the Sengled bulb in the lamp
Switch the power bar rocker switch as fast as possible 15 times
End with the power ON (bulb would reset/flash)
Start HE pairing mode

PITA but it worked.

I wouldn't worry about the bulbs but if the ST hub is still on then shut it off for pairing HE.

1 Like

Make sure your HE hub isnโ€™t using the same Zigbee channel as SmartThings, and that it is at least 3 feet from your router.

1 Like

I'm using the element classic and element plus. And I agree, it's hard to believe that 5 bulbs are just bad. I haven't had any issues with Sengled bulbs up to this point and looks like it's time to find another bulb.

I do not have ST so this doesn't apply to me.

Seems like a lot for bulbs, but that's for responding much appreciated

I have only an smart outlet and tried pairing these bulbs before I even installed it. There's something else happening here and it's driving me nuts. 5 bulbs not pairing, 2 are....all from the same box.

I have C5...latest version. Looks like we're going down different paths as I started this thread :wink: but that said, I'm open to suggestions.

it's not a distance issue. This is a flat condo, no walls in between. The hub and these 4 bulbs are all right there together literally. Nothing in between. I haven't tried turning off the hub & resetting the bulbs. I'm not quite sure what that will do but I will try that right now and comment shortly.

So I'm supposed to be a seasoned IT veteran, LOL, and i say that to shame myself for not focusing harder on this before posting. I decided to look at all my Sengled bulbs in the condo....i have 9 total. the 5 "problem children" are actually some weird m/n I've not seen before. B11-N11...i looked them up, they are these cheap ones that aren't even in the compatibility list. UGH, i got them from Amazon and did not pay attention. I'm throwing these out unless someone has a better idea.

I noticed that you are coming from SmartThings. One thing that plagued me with zigbee pairing issues back then was caused by having the SmartThing hub powered up at the same time I was trying to pair to Hubitat. For some reason even though I deleted the device from SmartThings, it was somehow grabbing the zigbee device before Hubitat could pair with it. If you have your SmartThing hub powered up try unplugging it and then go through the procedure of factory defaulting and then pair them with Hubitat. Good Luck!

No, I'm not coming from ST. Someone else is on this thread that is. I started this but another person is also asking questions about these bulbs.

Sorry, thought that was you. If you have a lot of WiFi activity in, or around your home that too can cause interference problems but if you are pairing the device within eyesight of your hub and you don't have a router right next to the hub you should be able to pair.

Another note; I found that if I have my zigbee channel set higher than twenty I will have pairing issues with some devices. However those devices are a few years old. Not sure if Sengled suffers from this problem.

Yes this is how I usually do this. I was able to get 4 bulbs paired to ST like this. Now it wont work with HE. Im really dumbfounded. I have thew ST hub off as well.

You have kinda hijacked my thread, lol, But that said, did you see my earlier post? I took the bulbs down and examined them. The ones that worked for me are listed in HE device list and are the Element Plus/Classic bulbs. The 5 that dont work are B11-N11 Sengleds....which are NOT in the device lists for HE.

Mine are E11-N1EA

MIne are E11-N13 which paired fine but are not on the List. I am using the Sengled driver.

Googling this shows Amazon listing these as Bluetooth bulbs??

You are correct.

From the Sengled site:

If the model number (M/N) of the bulb starts with a Bโ€”i.e., B11-N11, B11-N13โ€”then it is a Sengled Smart LED Bluetooth Mesh bulb.

1 Like