Unable to login to mobile app IOS

I've been a Hubitat user for years, and finally am biting the bullet and upgrading my C3 hub to C7. So far, it's been OK, but I haven't been able to use the mobile app. I didn't have the app on my phone so here are the steps I've followed and where I ran into the issue:

1. Download app
  2. Login
  3. Hangs at "Loading user data"
  4. After 5 minutes, force close app
  5. Open app, stuck at a "No Hubs to Claim" blank screen
  6. No way to get around screen unless I delete the app
  7. Same process all over again

My goal is to use Smart Start to pair a Ring Keypad v2. Is there another way to get this done?

Is your new hub registered?

Yes. It shows up in the portal and the subscriptions page.

Android? IOS?

Which phone model?

iOS 15, iPhone 12 pro.

One thing that may be out of the norm is that I still have an older hub in my account, even though I haven't used it since 2019. I can't remove it, and it shows as running an "Incompatible firmware" for the purposes of subscriptions.

I don't think that should matter for getting your phone to log in.

Outta my league here. Hopefully one of the IOS people will see this.

That is certainly not normal behaviour. I have iOS, 3 hubs and never saw this issue. That sais, they are all on the latest firmware version.

I wonder if the issue might be related to having an older platform version on one of the hubs... Is there a reason why you don’t have the latest?

@moncho1138 might know if this is an app issue.

1 Like

That may be the case, will check it out.

2 Likes

Try clearing your browser cache. Under safari settings in ios, make sure block all cookes is off, as well as block popups are off (just for initial registration). For the hubitat app, make sure location is always, localnetwork is on, notifications are on, background app refresh is on and cellular is on. Then try logging in with the app...

1 Like

The hub hasn't been used since 2019 and is in a box as a backup in case the other hub I had failed. The hub previously had issues with frequent corruption maybe due to too many writes, which led to the replacement C4 which I currently use.

Interestingly, if I leave the app alone it will cycle for hours, even when it's snoozed by the phone, it still shows "Loading user data" when I open it up. Only force closing it causes it to break that loop and then soft lock in the "no hubs to claim" screen.

I used mobile years ago on an Android phone, but haven't had need of it until recently when I ran into Smart Start devices like the Ring devices.

Thanks for the suggestions. Have done all of these. The hub registered fine via PC browser and the portal is accessible via mobile browser on the same device. It's just the app that has issues.

I just installed an Android emulator and that worked fine, so it's an iOS issue. Interestingly, when I select the hub in the Android app, there was an entry with "null" and "null platform" that I assume was causing issues for the iOS app.

From there, I created a new account and moved the bad hub to it so at least I can use the mobile app on iOS now.

@moncho1138 - is there any way to remove that hub from my account? This seems to be an iOS only issue and I'm wondering if that will help.