Unable to link HomeKit

I am having an issue linking habitat to HomeKit. I previously had it synced without issue, but possibly after an update it reset at some point. Now when I go to add it it says "accessory not found"

I have followed the install guide in the documentation as well as done basic troubleshooting steps such as re-creating the QR code, un-installng the HomeKit built-in app and re-installing, rebooting habitat hub, unplugging habitat hub, etc. Nothing has helped.

Anything I can attempt to make the HomeKit link successful?

Delete the home on the homekit side then reset the qr code

What is your network configuration like?
Homekit works on mDNS / Bonjour.

If you have the HE hub or your mobile device isolated in a separate segment or VLAN then mDNS will not travel through that naturally.

@rlithgow1 thank you for the tips. Still not having much luck. Deleted home, rebooted phone, updated to most recent IOS .0.03 update, connected habitat directly to main router (instead of TP link splitter), rebooted hub, tried on wife's phone, removed HomeKit app in habitat and re-aded it, reset QR code, etc.

As much as I love Apple, I've never had ANY luck with HomeKit :disappointed:

@jtp10181 I'm pretty techy, but thats a little over my head. Your post prompted me to plug habitat directly into the Verizon router instead of TP link splitter. Could it be because im using a TP-Link DECO mesh system for wifi?

@jtp10181 switching wifi networks fixed it! Brilliant. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

You should get a homepod.... The refurbs on ebay are pretty cheap and come with a one year warranty..

@rlithgow1 Funny you say that, I was playing with it more, and once I re-linked my Apple TV with HomeKit (didn't know that was a thing) everything started working like it was supposed to. No benefit to the HomePod over the ATV right?

1 Like

I think it just has to be an ATV 3 or newer to be used as a Home Hub, which lets you use the HK controls outside of your local LAN. HomePod Mini will get you the same thing.