Unable to "find hub"

I didn't dissappear, but contrary to the popular belief, I sometimes too, sleep at night :wink:

I moved your new post under your original for continuity.

There is no reset option available for your hub. How long ago have you purchased this hub? We may be able to send you a replacement, if the hub is still under warranty, or if the hub is enrolled in the Hub Protect program

3 Likes

No return option.

1 Like

No, I meant "reset"... I extended the quote for clarity, thanks.

1 Like

@user6730 Please press the network reset button on the bottom of the hub for 7 seconds with a toothpick or paperclip (It will be the only round hole out of all the square ones). Once the hub light turns green, from a web browser on your pc/mac go to http://hubitat.local and see if it gets in. Also ping hubitat.local.

Thanks all, I'll try the reset soon, will update results here. @bobbyD I started getting "mail undeliverable" emails after trying to post earlier, that made me think you disappeared, turns out you moved the thread, I surely didn't expect you to be up all night :slight_smile:

This is a continuation of the closed (prematurely) thread Hub bricked. I followed the advice to "press reset button for 7 seconds then once green try http://hubitat.local"..., problem is the reset button has no effect, the LED stays green no matter how long I push the round reset button with a clip. Only power off/on changes the LED color. My router, etc are working fine with all other devices. I think the hub is cooked, can I get a replacement (bought it on Oct 12, 2022 via Amazon) under warranty?

Your original thread is not locked, not sure why that one post was split off

The reset button you press and hold for about 7-10 seconds then let go of the button. Once you let go the LED will blink blue a couple of times and then the hub will reboot.

I assume you have the hub connected via ethernet directly to the router? Or otherwise how is it connected?

Can you log into your router interface and see if the hub is getting an IP from the router?

If your hub in on at least Firmware 2.3.5 a solid green light should indicate it is connected, if the ethernet was not able to connect it would flash green/red.

1 Like

Iā€™m a bit late to the party here, but I recently had a similar issue with a C5. Hub not found, reset several times and had green light. Tried network reset using pin hole on bottom of hub. Nothing worked. It was suggested to try a different power supply and, bingo, that was it.

Thanks all, I figured it out - the Ethernet cable had a broken lock lever, so the cable looked in but I'm reality was not well connected. I wish the hub would blink the LED with some say red color instead of the solid green, to indicate the networking was failing. I replaced the cable, it works fine now.

It is supposed to blink red/green when disconnected.

It didn't, stayed solid green the whole time...

Hmm... @gopher.ny what is supposed to trigger the red/green flashing? Is it an actual connection or just the link state on the port? If ethernet is connected and then gets disconnected due to unplugging or a faulty cable shouldn't it flash?

Maybe the hub thought it was still connected and something else was also wrong with that cable?

Or maybe the hub really was locking up and coincidentally when you swapped the cable out you also fixed the locking up issue around the same time.

1 Like