Unable to connect any devices to hub

I forgot to add that I’m trying to transition away from ST.

Would having the ST hub plugged in with sensors interfere with my pairing of devices in the Hubitat hub?

Thanks

1 Like

Very possibly. Can you repeat the pairing with the ST hub unpowered?

1 Like

Okay, I tried all three and it still didn’t work.

Do the warranty return.

Just one thing - had you factory reset all the devices you tried to pair, and are the batteries new?

Yes, all were reset. Two were plugs and the others battery was new.

1 Like

If you do the warranty return through support.hubitat.com , amazon fulfills the replacement. That said after you hooked it up did you do the platform update and then the z-wave firmware update?

Okay, I will.

No, I didn’t. Can you instruct me how to do this.

Thanks

go to yourhubip

click settings

click check for updates

Update

after it comes back up click settings

click z-wave details

At the top click update z-wave firmware

Make sure you confirm your devices are factory reset. If necessary run exclusion first and make sure your old hub is off

Then Read This

1 Like

TY. I will do this first when I receive the new hub.

Read the additional above

All of the sensors I tried today were new and not paired with the ST hub.

That doesn't mean anything. I've had lots of sensors require a factory reset because they weren't reset after testing at the factory... Moreso on z-wave than zigbee to be fair.. You may even want to run an exclusion prior to inclusion if it's being difficult.

Okay, good information.

I guess resetting is different than excluding?

I thought exclusion is only for if the sensor was previously paired with a hub. If a new, out-of-box- sensor needs exclusion from a hub because it was returned, wouldn’t I need to have the original hub to fully exclude it?

Thanks

See my link above...

All the devices you've listed are zigbee. There is no exclusion for zigbee devices. Simply resetting a zigbee device is sufficient to put it into pairing mode where it can be paired with a new zigbee coordinator (hub).

1 Like

You do not need original hub to exclude a Z-wave device. I always run an Exclude before Including a brand-new device and I would guess 50% of the time, the HE finds something to exclude. Knock on wood, I have never had a ghost.

3 Likes

Okay, that makes sense.

Do Zigbee devices need to be excluded, too?

Just reset then throw in pairing mode

Okay, just saw above post from aaiyar.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.