Unable to add new devices to an existing Easy Dashboard

I am able to create and use Easy Dashboards, and use these to great effect.

However, Easy dashboards I have created since upgrading to 2.3.9.154 have been unable to add devices, either from the Easy Dashboard itself or from the Easy dashboard home page using the "edit devices list" button adjacent to the delete button in the top RH corner of each dashboard in the home page. I am still able to edit Hubitat (old) dashboards from this page.

On pressing the "edit devices list" button beside each dashboard on the dashboard home page, a blank page presents quickly, then just as quickly reverts to the dashboard home page.

In the recent Easy dashboards, after unlocking the page to allow edits, clicking on the gear icon in the top corner of the page presents the expected edit pop-up, but there is no "add/delete device" button available.

Easy dashboards created prior to upgrading to 2.3.9.154 work OK, including the "add/delete device" button in the pop-up., as do Hubitat dashboards created prior to and after the upgrade.

I am not convinced that the upgrade was the cause, or merely coincidental! Or maybe it's me!!??

I have done the usual things like reboot Hubitat, try multiple browsers (Firefox, Safari, Chrome) to no avail. Unless there's a simple "out" I will reinstall the Easy Dashboard app, but reluctant to lose the dashboards I have already created.

do a manual backup just in case. For giggles, do a reboot, choose advanced and pick rebuild database and see if that solves your issue. If it doesn't instead of removing, simply roll back to .153 and see if that solves it for you. I myself am not having any problems on .154

Thanks for the quick response.

I tried your "giggle" on the C-8 without success, then spent most of the day exploring "giggles" of my own making, trying various combinations of roll-backs, different backups - all without success. I even tried a soft reset - no luck.

I had started contemplating a factory reset of the C-8
and starting over until I remembered the C-7 operating entirely independently in the holiday house.

In desperation, I accessed th C-7 that had Easy Dashboard installed with .154 via remote access computer . Exactly the same issues, with an Easy Dashboard created prior to .154 working as designed, with dashboards created today exhibiting the same lack of access to the create/modify page from either the Easy homepage, or from within individual dashboard settings window.

As the C-7 and C-8 have no interaction or shared files/devices, it suggests to this Hubitat-novice that there may be something else going on.

I have reverted the C-8 to its "pre-giggling" configuration, and will continue my labours on traditional Hubitat dashboards.

Any other suggestions/comments welcome!

I have a C7 and C8 and neither will allow me to add new devices to an already created EasyDashboard. Is this a bug or am I missing something?
Thanks
Tom

Having experienced this issue on two separate Hubitat installs, I’ve come to the conclusion that there must be a bug.. EasyDashboards created prior to .154 still perform as they should, but those created after the update exhibit the same issue that you’re experiencing.
That another user has experienced the same thing supports the theory - unless of course we have both made the same error(s) in installation or configuration!!

i am having the same problem, quick screen flicker but unable to add device, this is a new install and trying to build my 1st dashboard, frustrating so fa.

+1 Have same problem and on 2.3.9.160

Could you please provide more details that would help us reproduce the issue?

In the Dashboards screen (see below) If I click on the "Edit Devices For..." grey button (arrows pointing to the buttons), the page refreshes but there is nothing displayed to allow editing.
This is a brand-new setup on 2.3.9.160

Similarly, on a dashboard, if I click General Settings / "Add / Remove Devices" the Genral Settings panel disappears with the rest of the screen dimmed. Nothing happens. I have to refresh the page to exit this mode.

See my post of 25 days ago particularly my experience of EasyDashboard working prior to an upgrade. May be coincidence, but …..?

This looks like some kind of browser issue, as I am unable to replicate in Windows or Android using Chrome or Edge. Looks like you are running edge on iOS/Mac?

Yes, sorry, should have documented: Edge on Mac but also reproduced on Safari Mac (all latest versions.)
I just updated to 2.3.9.162 and the problem persists.
I also reproduced on Chrome and Brave. I borrowed another Mac and reproduced on Chrome. I have Windows ARM on UTM (virtual machine) and reproduced it in Chrome in that environment. I'm wondering if it is because my Hubitat config originated with 2.3.9.160? I'm happy to do a TeamViewer session to demonstrate or provide any debug info you might want.

I cannot reproduce it, but that doesn't mean a lot. There's obviously an issue.
Could you please open Safari settings, then select Show features for web developers checkbox?

Once that setting is on, select Developer - Show Javascript console from the Safari menu, open the Dashboards page again (or refresh it if it's open), and click on the Edit device list button. Send me whatever error pops up in the console, including the full stack trace details. I'm near 100% certain there will be an error.

2 Likes

I too am experiencing this issue of not being able to add additional devices to an EZ Dashboard after successfully creating the EZ Dashboard. The issue started with 2.3.9.160 and still exists with 2.3.9.162. I am using Windows 11 with Chrome, Edge, and FireFox. All three browsers exhibit the same behavior. EZ Dashboards I created prior to 2.3.9.160 do not exhibit this issue. Today, on a whim, I decided to try copying an existing Hubitat Dashboard to an EZ Dashboard and see if that made any difference. I noticed that if I first copy an existing Hubitat Dashboard to an EZ Dashboard, I am able to add new devices to that EZ Dashboard that is a copy. If however I create an EZ Dashboard as new (meaning not copied), I cannot add new devices to this newly created EZ Dashboard.

Take a look at the request for information in the post above yours. It will help if you can follow those steps and send gopher the information from them.

1 Like

Sorry but i don't have the Safari browser.

ERROR from the javascript console:
Unhandled Promise Rejection: TypeError: Load failed

I get the same error when on a dashboard and try to "Add/Remove Devices"

You can gather similar information from whichever browser you are using.

What browser are you using?

1 Like

Chrome on Windows 11

How to open the developer console in Chrome to get errors and example of error logs pasted in here as pictures.

1 Like