Ultraloq Pro ZWave Smart Deadbolt Open/Closed Status

Here is the firmware for anyone

https://file.u-tec.com/homekit/U-BOLT-PRO-ZWAVE_V1.5.gbl

2 Likes

The firmware through my U-tec app shows version 2.26.0022, whereas the link supplied appears to be 1.5. Does anyone know how or why there is a discrepancy in version numbers? I have a U-bolt pro zwave.

2.26.0022 is the lock firmware I do believe. The 1.5.gbl is the z wave firmware.

1 Like

Tried on the Hubitat. The current firmware is showing as 1.01.

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 12.31.35 PM

But I cannot choose the uploaded .gbl firmware file from the Firmware File dropdown. Update: I uploaded it in a different way. Firmware is apparently updating....

2 hours and the firmware upload is at 9% . The first upload attempt failed after 1%.

I can't move the lock closer to the hub which is only 12 feet away directly with no obstructions and plenty of other zwave devices nearby for routing.

Any suggestions?

Update: I gave in. Removed lock from door. Moved it to 3 ft away. Still stuck at the beginning of the transfer. Moved it to 1 ft. Same. Now it's at 3 inches. No indications of progress.

Seeing the same thing. Stuck at 2%. The hub is about 6 feet from the lock with clear line of sight. I wonder if it's because the lock is a battery powered device and it's going back to sleep in the middle of the update. I've updated a few of my main powered light switches that are further away with no problems.

Same here. Several attempts, never made it past 8%.

Generally speaking, if a ZWave device has been in one place for a long time, moving it "next to the hub" probably won't work since it is looking to communicate with the hub via it's neighbors in its routing table. For example, if the lock communicated with the hub via a neighbor device, and you move the lock away from it's neighbor device to get it "closer to the hub", that lock might not even know that it can communicate directly with the hub since it was always doing so through a near neighbor and now you've moved it possibly out of range of the only way it knew of to communicate with the hub.

I would exclude the device, re-include it near the hub. Do the update, exclude the device, re-install the device on it's door, and then re-include it again.

1 Like

I restarted the hub and immediately started the update. There was steady progress over 45 minutes until 82% and then stalled.

Rebooted hub again. Rinse and repeat. Finally completed the firmware transfer.

EVERYONE, DON'T waste your time and effort. This is the result:

I do not believe it is a proximity issue. The lock I am testing is 6 ft from the hub, has always been, and its route is directly to the hub.

You could be right.

Any chance you have a Z-Wave stick? I always update my devices from PC Controller software with a Z-Wave stick as you can see exactly what it's doing at every step along the way. Plus that way you also have the option to set up a totally separate Z-Wave network to directly link the device and the controller with no other Z-Wave devices on the network to cause communication issues while updating the firmware.

It sounds like you have a serious Z-Wave routing issue with this device and the device received corrupted data preventing the update from being applied.

I do, and plan on trying an OTA update tonight. I also plan on reaching out to U-TEC and validate this is a release or a beta. Not sure if I will get a response.

Yes, I had that same error pop up when mine finished :confounded: I haven’t tried again. Someone on the U-tec community, who is a hubitat user was able to update there’s. So must be a trial and error thing idk.

I just got off the phone with U-Tec. They claim this is not a valid update.

1 Like

That’s weird. It was apparently put out on HA that’s where all this came about. So maybe it’s a beta on HA idk. We have only waited well over a year now for an update in regards to the z wave side of things. So guess I can wait longer to see what they have to say.

1 Like