UK Zigbee Motion Sensors

Hi All,

I'm very new to Hubitat being an ex smartthings user moving over. I've spent hours going through the forum and a lot of tea trying to find what people consider the "best" motion sensors in the UK.

When I say Best obviously everyone needs are different but I'm classing it on the following:

• Speed (leads me to zigbee)
  • Battery Life (all seem pretty stable tbh)
  • Size (smaller the better but don't want to subtract from capability too much)
  • and the big one... Availability! (I've found loads of threads recommending iris and this and that but then I can't get hold of any of them!)

I did come across the Frient sensors on vesternet but upon reading another post on here they don't seem to integrate at all well so want to avoid this. Whats peoples recommendations? Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance

If you'd been asking for z-wave I have a couple of really nice ones I use.

I did think about it but I want to avoid the delay you always inevitably get with Z Wave

Hue motion

The battery life seems good in mine but it's so hair-trigger even on lowest sensitivity that I find it unusable for serious motion detection tasks. I actually use it as my outdoor temperature sensor now, as the Netatmo account kept dropping connection with my hub

are you referring to the hue one?

I've seen mixed views on these and annoyingly I can't find the post now.
It was something about integrating I think

Yep, directly connected to Hub

oo ok i'll take a look at these. When you say directly connected to hub... which hub? presumably you mean hubitat but i've heard people refer to the bridge as a hub so wanted to clarify haha

Hubitat, I have hue remotes too. The only downside from my experience is that battery reporting does not work. All my hue stuff is at 100%

Hubitat hub. I do try to make sure I say "bridge" when the difference is important to the sense of what I am saying :smiley:

Even allowing for inaccurate reporting, the battery is doing ok as with all its excess reporting it's still going!

Well thanks both, I think its the way forward as well the battery thing will be pretty obvious when it stops working haha but the other stuff seems to sound good so i'll give them ago

I've just changed batteries for 2 remotes, lasted over a year with a few presses per day. Both died at 100% battery level :rofl:

I have 2 Sonoff motion sensors that I bought in the UK a few months ago (these ones). Connected direct to my Hubitiat via Zigbee. No issues with them so far.