UK TRV's

The debug logging can easily be fixed by commenting those lines, I did it on mine.

Hi, could you explain how I comment out the lines? is it all the lines with debug on?

I assume I have to do the App and the Drivers.

Sorry for being a bit thick,

Thanks

Just put // before the debug

// log.debug ..........

2 Likes

Thanks Mark that work....all sorted now cheers

Just installed my Aeotec TRV with the HE thermostat scheduling app using @simon driver.

Is there anything I need to look for or tips n tricks?

I think I have set it up correctly, thanks in advance.

1 Like

Just ordered a couple of Tado TRV's (Cyber Monday half price) I run my Tado hub already in HE and works nicely.

Is the Tado system reliable?
We currently have Hive and the TRVs have been a nightmare in the month we have had them! Last night our babies room got to 26 degrees! The app said it wasnt heating but the valve was still on and pumping heat out like nobodys business...
Going to try and get a refund and try something else!

I found the same behavior from the draytons.

The Danfoss ones have been ok for me, you just have to set the system to turn them off/close when the boiler isn't on otherwise they keep creaping open until 100%, then when heating on, the close in slow increments so you get over shoot

My Tado system comprising of 11 TRV's, 2 wired thermostats, 1 wireless thermostat and an extension kit has been super reliable. It has evolved over the last 3 years since we moved in. I would recommend Tado to everyone. They're support have been really supportive although I have heard some horror stories. We also had the 1st generation Tado in our last house.

Great, i think I will give the tado system a go! Means changing the hive controls but they have been in a while now and overall have never been that impressed with it.
Gutted i missed the sales last week now

I’m just thinking about smart trv’s. ( UK based). Great thread!

Can I just check please, do the tado smart trv’s need the hub or is the community built HE driver all thats needed to work direct?

I have wet underfloor heating downstairs on zoned wall digital touch thermostats ( looking to change to Neo smart stats) and upstairs its regular radiators & trv’s with a mechanical bog standard wall thermostat.

1 Like

The Tado TRV's need a Tado bridge to work. The HE Tado uses the internet to connect to Tado.

Hello All,

Newbie here. Starting my journey. :slight_smile:

I would like a non-internet/cloud alternative for thermostat in uk. I have a combi boiler with 4 radiators. I read tado is good, but it is cloud based. There are few alternatives in uk that I could find. Only Trane XR524 (TZEMT524AA21MA) 14942771. Anyone has tips?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. - Also I read in one of the many post about radiators automation, that trv valves can be damaging for the boiler if they are not well automated. Something to do with the pressure in the system if they are all closed or open (I have no deep understanding of boilers or gas heating). Anyone has some knowledge and can give advice to preserve or protect the boiler and tube system if you automate the TRV valves?

Most modern boilers have a internal bypass. But i also always have a rad fully open in the bathroom

1 Like

I have one of those towel racks in the bathroom. Would that help? It has no valve and always heats up it boiler is on. That will reduce the risk if I decide to try TRV valves automation?

Cheers
J

Yea , it's no different smart trv or old style Trv's
They both close the valve

1 Like

Many thanks to Mark Cockcroft. Tado is no longer flooding the hub with debug logs.
Thank god for the "find and replace" function in Text Editor, otherwise I'd have been been inserting " // log.debug " for a month of Sundays! :slight_smile:

Is anyone using the salus trv?